Wild Camping

You have to dig your own hole first.

And make sure you leave no trace that you have been there.

Its illegal in England (technically) but legal in Scotland.
I believe it’s allowed in areas of the lakes and there was an attempt to allow it across England in certain areas but don’t know if it ever came to fruition. Although technically illegal in many areas it’s widely tolerated in some places.

There are "rules" - camp above the last wall, leave no trace.

Fires are an issue as wild campers always want to start fires.

But if a land owner tells you to shift you have to move no matter what time they find you.

Are you planning on packing a sack and walking off into the hills for a few nights ? That is the most rewarding but takes the most effort and planning. Good thing is there are endless places. I can give you some of my favourites but I try to go somewhere new every time. Just walk in a general direction

If your wanting to park up and camp somewhere withing a few Hundred yards of the car then that's a different ball game and there isn't an abundance of spots. People keep the good ones closely guarded secrets

What Campervan do you have mate? I’ve got a 77 VW Bay, love it but always ‘in the garage’ It is now!!

We're off to the Ardeche in wors as soon as Boris gets his finger out with these air bridges.

And aye, wild-camping is great in the campervan, there's a website that tells you where you can stop and you can download stuff to a satnav. I think it's called "WildCamping".
The bloke running it is a bit of a twat and I told him so so I'm banned..

We're off to the Ardeche in wors as soon as Boris gets his finger out with these air bridges.

And aye, wild-camping is great in the campervan, there's a website that tells you where you can stop and you can download stuff to a satnav. I think it's called "WildCamping".
The bloke running it is a bit of a twat and I told him so so I'm banned..

Just signed up and downloaded the app but there's only about 5 spots for the whole of Northumberland , Yorkshire and Cumbria... Is that normal?

Back