Wild Camping Scotland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost Valley is a good spot. Not too far from the road mind and gets a few tourists wandering up there. Close to the Clachaig Inn if you fancy a pint and decent scran.

Gleann Mor to the south of Schiehallion. I've only hiked through, but it would make an idyllic wild camp location.
How do you get to Gleann Mor, I cant see any mention of it on google map. Do you go there frm the the Braes of Foss car park?

How do you get to Gleann Mor, I cant see any mention of it on google map. Do you go there frm the the Braes of Foss car park?

We parked at Keltneyburn as we were staying on Loch Tay. That's a longer walk from where you have suggested, so it would depend on how much kit you intend on carrying.

In the next few days i'm going to drive up to Scotland, park the car somewhere and walk off into the wilderness with me tent, some whiskey.. few books and bait.
Don't want to drive any further than Glencoe area. Anyone got nay recommendations of good spots?
Have my eye on stopping up in the Lost Valley so far.

Ta
Drumchaple's wild.

If you’re at Glencoe head along the road to Loch Etive (aka Skyfall road), lots of great camping spots along the river, stunning isolation.
if you go all the way down the turning point at the bottom is a good spot

because its a dead end only people who really want to go there actually go there

In the next few days i'm going to drive up to Scotland, park the car somewhere and walk off into the wilderness with me tent, some whiskey.. few books and bait.
Don't want to drive any further than Glencoe area. Anyone got nay recommendations of good spots?
Have my eye on stopping up in the Lost Valley so far.

Ta
get yourself away soon. the midges will start appearing towards the end of may

We parked at Keltneyburn as we were staying on Loch Tay. That's a longer walk from where you have suggested, so it would depend on how much kit you intend on carrying.
I'm going to head here for one night.. the photo you posted sold it for me

If you’re at Glencoe head along the road to Loch Etive (aka Skyfall road), lots of great camping spots along the river, stunning isolation.
And here for the other night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back