Wigan Into Administration

Probably have some kind of investigation into their dealings, suspicious payments in and out, like strangely inflated fees for out-of-favour forwards, for example...
Well you take over a club, then 4 weeks after it's in admin after you have changed a loan so you get 8 per cent on it, I'd deffo say there is some kind of fraud going in

You would think what sort of sensible business man would invest in a football club at this time , it's a money pit. But to crooks and fraudsters there's money to be made. Charlton sold for £1 , £2,000,000 was taken out in the first month. The company ESI even put their legal costs for the club's purchase on the clubs books ! Now we have new owners of this ESI group , based in the Manchester , and all arranged by the same legal firm that was involved with Bury. It stinks

Last edited:
Rumours going round now that there’s a big bet in the Philippines that they will be relegated. The new owners have an interest in gambling in the Philippines. It’s getting more and more crazy.

Poker player ain't he?

To be honest I had no idea who he was or what he made his money in. Just saw Nixon on Twitter reacting to a video allegedly of rick parry talking to someone and saying that’s one of the rumours.

How do these people get control of clubs man. It’s frightening there’s people out there being paid a lot of money to make these decisions and they are getting them horrifically wrong.

To be honest I had no idea who he was or what he made his money in. Just saw Nixon on Twitter reacting to a video allegedly of rick parry talking to someone and saying that’s one of the rumours.

How do these people get control of clubs man. It’s frightening there’s people out there being paid a lot of money to make these decisions and they are getting them horrifically wrong.
Crazy aknt it mate, takeover a club then put it in admin 4 weeks later, that's never happened before??, I really do smell a fraud case, here, even police investigation

I thought a buyer could not take over a club without passing the EFL tests but this is not correct. The EFL can't stop a club sale , what they can do is impose some sort of sanction. Our new owners paid £1 for the club but then never provided proof of funds. The EFL placed Charlton under a transfer embargo and rather than letting supporters know there is a problem with the new owners it's all hushed up. It was a couple of months after the takeover that we found out we were under the embargo and the new owners did not own the ground or training ground and had paid £1 for the club.

I thought a buyer could not take over a club without passing the EFL tests but this is not correct. The EFL can't stop a club sale , what they can do is impose some sort of sanction. Our new owners paid £1 for the club but then never provided proof of funds. The EFL placed Charlton under a transfer embargo and rather than letting supporters know there is a problem with the new owners it's all hushed up. It was a couple of months after the takeover that we found out we were under the embargo and the new owners did not own the ground or training ground and had paid £1 for the club.

No chance of signing McGeady then?

Latest is that Rick Parry is suggesting a multi million pound bet was placed in the Phillipines that Wigan would get relegated before the 12 point deduction was sanctioned.

Somebody is in serious shit if that turns out to be true.

Latest is that Rick Parry is suggesting a multi million pound bet was placed in the Phillipines that Wigan would get relegated before the 12 point deduction was sanctioned.

just seen the video. Absolutely f***ing mental that.

Criminal investigation and a massive can of worms carved open

No chance unless the ownership changes again which may happen. We think the latest clowns are after a quick flip
Sounds like Charlton could be one of those close to the edge too. The figures earlier in the thread about wigan make it look unsustainable. Think they could go way of bury. I'd bet they won't be the last. Some big changes needed.

Back