Why the hate campaign against EVs?

I’m not anti EV, I think there is a place for them in today’s market. I just don’t think we should be forced to move to move over 100%. Personally I’m not ready to change over yet as they are too expensive & I want quicker charging (like a quick 5 min zap at a garage). Also I want to see what the manufacturers come up with regarding battery renewal after 10 years or so, maybe second hand batteries or something.
15 years off, but I agree.

My XC90 spun a crank pulley in February, that was the last straw for it. As much as I loved it the cost was just too much. The EV doesn’t have a crank pulley to worry about!
The last fault is caused by a faulty seal resulting in diesel leaking into the wiring harness and ECU. Apparently it’s a regular fault and 5k to fix….!

Good points! At the moment we have two diesel cars. The BMW mini has had two major mechanical issues caused by poor engineering and design faults. Apparently these are common faults on BMW’s.
Whilst there is a focus on issues with EV’s , there’s a counter argument that ICE cars have inherent design issues such as timing chains.
Going forward our next car will be a EV. Fuel prices will continue to rise and EV ranges will get better.
What were the faults? I’ve got a diesel mini that I was thinking of getting the timing chain done and keeping cos it’s a cracking little car.
The last fault is caused by a faulty seal resulting in diesel leaking into the wiring harness and ECU. Apparently it’s a regular fault and 5k to fix….!
Just seen this.

Last edited:
What were the faults? I’ve got a diesel mini that I was thinking of getting the timing chain done and keeping cos it’s a cracking little car.

Just seen this.

We love our Mini Cooper. Had it from new. The other big issue is that due to a BMW design fault the Swirl Flaps get clogged with carbon resulting in loss of power. We took it to a BMW garage and found out that a lot of their work was fitting new swirl flaps to BMW’s. We were told to stop using cheap diesel and only use premium .

We love our Mini Cooper. Had it from new. The other big issue is that due to a BMW design fault the Swirl Flaps get clogged with carbon resulting in loss of power. We took it to a BMW garage and found out that a lot of their work was fitting new swirl flaps to BMW’s. We were told to stop using cheap diesel and only use premium .
Filled mine with premium by accident the other week. It killed me once I’d noticed but you can’t stop!

Back