why Man City will win....

I’m surprised Liverpool have choked so badly. The tone was set by their performance against Sheff Utd, the were so slack and just thought they had to turn up.

Arsenal have had a good run but I’m not surprised they lost. They are actually doing quite a bit worse than last season, I’m not sure why people have been getting so excited about them.

Thinking about Man City and their increased experience, they have got leads and rather than going all in, at times they just play keep ball and spend as little energy as possible. Now at tge end of the season they have plenty of energy whilst their competitors are suddenly feeling it.

Against the Mags, Man City just basically kept the ball for ages.
Good point. English clubs in Europe tend to suffer under the physical and psychological pressure of being too involved on different fronts. However, I didn't see both those results coming yesterday.

They'll win because their squad is far stronger than any other team. They now have de bruyne to fill in for foden when he needs a breather. They could put a second team out that would get champions league football. And it's all down to being state owned.

Their success is bought and just boring.

I’m not having that like, plenty of Teams fling money at it and still can’t get over the line. It’s down to Pep.

Don’t write off Liverpool yet, few twists and turns to go.

They're not very good at all. Klopp has done incredible to even have them in the race at this stage. Going to find themselves in the same situation as Man Utd when Ferguson left, he too had an aging squad over performing with the calibre of the youngsters coming through not to the same level.

They'll win because their squad is far stronger than any other team. They now have de bruyne to fill in for foden when he needs a breather. They could put a second team out that would get champions league football. And it's all down to being state owned.

The football is not boring… maybe you’ve been watching Everton.

I’m surprised Liverpool have choked so badly. The tone was set by their performance against Sheff Utd, the were so slack and just thought they had to turn up.

Arsenal have had a good run but I’m not surprised they lost. They are actually doing quite a bit worse than last season, I’m not sure why people have been getting so excited about them.

Europa League football seems to have cost Liverpool. They looked tired against Atalanta and Palace.

Before yesterday they were 3 points off last season’s total after 31 games. They had won one less, drawn the same, and lost one more. So not really “quite a bit worse”. They are now 4 points worse off than after 32 games last season.

City have 3 points less than after 32 games than last season, so also doing “quite a bit worse” than last season?

Before yesterday they were 3 points off last season’s total after 31 games. They had won one less, drawn the same, and lost one more. So not really “quite a bit worse”. They are now 4 points worse off than after 32 games last season.

City have 3 points less than after 32 games than last season, so also doing “quite a bit worse” than last season?
Arsenal are 2 points worse off and have played 2 games more than on this day last season. Any, Pep won't be bothered about Arsenal in the slightest, Liverpool are his only concern.

Arsenal are 2 points worse off and have played 2 games more than on this day last season. Any, Pep won't be bothered about Arsenal in the slightest, Liverpool are his only concern.
“On this day”? So it doesn’t matter how many games have been played, only what day of the year it is?

City are 3 points worse off than after 32 games last season, Arsenal are 4 points worse off than after 32 games last season. Neither are doing “quite a lot worse” than last season, which was the quote.

Arsenal will get more points than they got last season, City will win the league.

There’s no reason for Pep to be worried about either of them.

It’s in City’s hands now to win or lose the league.

He seems mentally tougher than Klopp, who’ll go into even deeper ( if possible ) teeth gnashing and wild eyed mode from here on in.

Last edited:

This 100%

“On this day”? So it doesn’t matter how many games have been played, only what day of the year it is?

City are 3 points worse off than after 32 games last season, Arsenal are 4 points worse off than after 32 games last season. Neither are doing “quite a lot worse” than last season, which was the quote.

Arsenal will get more points than they got last season, City will win the league.
I'm not talking about Man City. Arsenal had 73 points from 30 games last season on 15th April. They've got 71 from 32 games this season, I consider that to be worse. Arsenal will do very well to get more than 84 points this year.

I'm not talking about Man City. Arsenal had 73 points from 30 games last season on 15th April. They've got 71 from 32 games this season, I consider that to be worse. Arsenal will do very well to get more than 84 points this year.
The date is irrelevant! They had 75 points after 32 games last season, they have 71 points after 32 games this season. It’s 4 points worse. It’s not “quite a lot worse” which was your quote. City had 76 after 32 games, now they have 73 after 32. It’s 3 points worse than last season. Again, it’s not “quite a bit worse”.

All 3 of them have relatively easy fixtures.

There's only 2 points between the 3, anything could happen, you could expect a few more surprise results before the end of the season.

Back