Why is West Cornforth known locally as.....

• Thread starter Deleted member 6830
  • Start date
Regular scraps with the Coxhoe lot.
About 20 years ago I worked with a lad who said he was from Coxhoe.
After a couple of years working with him he asked me to give him a hand shifting some furniture and gave me his address; Kelloe.
I said I thought he lived in Coxhoe.
He explained he lived Kelloe but always told people he was from Coxhoe as nobody knew where Kelloe was šŸ¤£

After a couple of years working with him he asked me to give him a hand shifting some furniture and gave me his address; Kelloe.
He explained he lived Kelloe but always told people he was from Coxhoe as nobody knew where Kelloe was šŸ¤£
Haha. Aye makes sense. In the dead zone between Coxhoe/Bowburn and Trimdon/Thornley/Wingate etc along with it's twin Quarrington Hill

which kelloe?
there's 4. kelloe, church kelloe, town kelloe and old kelloe.

same as the trimdons.
Haha. Aye makes sense. In the dead zone between Coxhoe/Bowburn and Trimdon/Thornley/Wingate etc along with it's twin Quarrington Hill
i used to love going to the heather lad at quarrington hill when i was younger. shut now though iirc.

Last edited:

Back