Why getting in to photography is a bad idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's cunning like. But I think sensor size is the big step up.

What's another 1.5 stops really? Just filter

It's the sensor size.....

tis a canny bit when it comes to dusk like.. when i have bracketed in 1 stop intervals it can make a huge difference from shot to shot.

Size, not mp ;)

They are trying to stick 40mp in a phone now innit

a dint knaa enough about cameras to know how that would make a difference :oops: :lol:

tis a canny bit when it comes to dusk like.. when i have bracketed in 1 stop intervals it can make a huge difference from shot to shot.

Clarity not enough?

Colour definition I suppose. Phase one blurb will tell you better than me

a dint knaa enough about cameras to know how that would make a difference :oops: :lol:

The more px you stick on a same sized sensor, the less the quality improves....

Double or treble the sensor size and it's like going from 35mm to medium format. Pretty much the same principle

ajax_andy said:
Not picking on anyone on here but I've noticed and even chatted to people about their 5d mark ii's etc when they are just taking pics of their kids or what ever. Made me realise that a lot of people probably get sucked in to buying stuff they don't really need.

I met a fella down the quayside the other week. He was using a £1400 Nikon, shooting jpeg in auto mode. Saying that mind some of his images were very well composed.

Am i right in thinking that the more dynamic range stops, the more colours the camera recognises?

The more px you stick on a same sized sensor, the less the quality improves....

Double or treble the sensor size and it's like going from 35mm to medium format. Pretty much the same principle

i see, so it basically changes the amount of physical light hits the bit that records the image.. am i getting it?

The amount of cash you guys spend you should consider the phase one route

P25's down to around £3k second hand now. They really are fantastic. Sounds a lot I know, but it could stop you getting gear envy for 10 years

I met a fella down the quayside the other week. He was using a £1400 Nikon, shooting jpeg in auto mode. Saying that mind some of his images were very well composed.

Makes you wonder why people bother though if they aren't going to learn how to use it. It's like buying a Porsche and driving at 30mph the whole time.

i see, so it basically changes the amount of physical light hits the bit that records the image.. am i getting it?

Yep, more space for the pixels yes, less overlap, sharper images, more light on sensor etc etc

The amount of cash you guys spend you should consider the phase one route

P25's down to around £3k second hand now. They really are fantastic. Sounds a lot I know, but it could stop you getting gear envy for 10 years

nay good for doing people in low light without a flash though but... :-( ISO rating is worse then the 400d

ajax_andy said:
Makes you wonder why people bother though if they aren't going to learn how to use it. It's like buying a Porsche and driving at 30mph the whole time.

Quite. Each to their own though. The f***ing darfties!

Haha aye... seen a viral thing that went around the web last year where some guy was flogging a Hasselblad on ebay as he'd bought it to take pics of his kids when they went to disneyland :lol:

I bought my 7d to take pictures of the daughter like, and all the lens. Not quite the same scale like, but ye knaa :lol:

Logon or register to see this image

worth every penny :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back