Why are we paying

Speakman?

Mowbray, Beale now Heckingbottom. What's the point in even having a DOF when we're just going after unemployed ex championship British managers that everybody's heard of

Is Speakman even looking at other leagues?
finidng and identifying managers is not the main bit of his job..

Speakman?

Mowbray, Beale now Heckingbottom. What's the point in even having a DOF when we're just going after unemployed ex championship British managers that everybody's heard of

Don’t shoot the messenger…….

The only bad managerial decision he has made so far is Beale. TM was a good appt, and we haven't appt Heckingbottom.
I agree- Neil and Mowbray were pretty inspired choices- and we have to put this in terms of the context of working within the model and who would actually accept coming to us and working within those parameters.

Even on the recruitment side, I don't really have a problem with the players we've brought in (though i really don't see progress where the club does- Amad and Michut were far superior to Burstow and Styles for instance). The problem (which is quite serious) is the lack of ready to go squad depth, in terms of current ability, experience and adaptability.

This is just regarding the football aspect.

Speakman?

You know he is. Always moaning.

We are trying to find someone who doesn't mind being massively restricted in not just who he can bring into the team but also into the coaching team. That in itself probably limits us to people out of a job and desperately wanting to get into one

I agree- Neil and Mowbray were pretty inspired choices- and we have to put this in terms of the context of working within the model and who would actually accept coming to us and working within those parameters.

Even on the recruitment side, I don't really have a problem with the players we've brought in (though i really don't see progress where the club does- Amad and Michut were far superior to Burstow and Styles for instance). The problem (which is quite serious) is the lack of ready to go squad depth, in terms of current ability, experience and adaptability.

This is just regarding the football aspect.
Neil wasn’t on our radar and wouldn’t have been appointed had he not approached us

Back