Why are escalators always out of order?

I don't know if it's just the case with supermarkets but there's always one that's down which is usually the one that goes up, I bet they're switched of deliberately to save on electric.

Because you're trying to shop in an abandoned building.

The one going up in Sainsbury's on North Hylton Road has been knackered for months now. Surely they could have sorted it by now, both of them were off the other week when i popped in as well.

Same reason the lift at AOL isn't working.

For it to be fixed, it needs someone senior to agree to address it, but that hasn't happened. Instead it's been pushed back down the priority list.

It's been de-escalated.

Talking about lifts being out of order, just the other day I got in one in London. Door closed, voice said 'Doors closing'. Pressed button for 15th floor and voice said 'Go fuck yourself you ugly kernt'.

Bang out of order!

Last edited:
Slightly different but I’d say that any one time there are 50% of the worlds lift out of order. Probably about 90% of hotel lifts
Was in Vegas waiting for 1 of 6 lifts serving our block when a fella said that hotels only use 2-3 on a block. I was sad enough to notice that over the next 4 days we only used the same 2 lifts .... coincidence or conspiracy?

Same reason the lift at AOL isn't working.

For it to be fixed, it needs someone senior to agree to address it, but that hasn't happened. Instead it's been pushed back down the priority list.

It's been de-escalated.

Talking about lifts being out of order, just the other day I got in one in London. Door closed, voice said 'Doors closing'. Pressed button for 15th floor and voice said 'Go fuck yourself you ugly kernt'.

Bang out of order!
I'm impressed that it knew what you looked like though

Back