Who was there v Charlton 21 years ago then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time flies and we get to do it all again next week. Remember the last time like it was yesterday. Stayed in Dartford at some pub/B&B. Trafalgar Square the night beforehand in the fountains. American tourists asking what we were celebrating and seeing the look of disbelief on their faces when we pointed out we hadn't played yet and the game was tomorrow. Great time apart from the result obviously. No camera phone's so this was taken with a cheap disposable! Hopefully payback time next Sunday.
Logon or register to see this image

Aye. I was leathered and got on the wrong direction tube, which was full of Charlton (and a few Millwall, judging by their arm tattoos) fans. They all seemed miserable as sin. I then negotiated the right one and you'd have thought we'd won the FA Cup.

Last edited:
Time flies and we get to do it all again next week. Remember the last time like it was yesterday. Stayed in Dartford at some pub/B&B. Trafalgar Square the night beforehand in the fountains. American tourists asking what we were celebrating and seeing the look of disbelief on their faces when we pointed out we hadn't played yet and the game was tomorrow. Great time apart from the result obviously. No camera phone's so this was taken with a cheap disposable! Hopefully payback time next Sunday.
Logon or register to see this image

I was there. I lived in Ally Pally at the time.

Couldn’t watch the penalties. Just put my head down and got the result from the crowd reaction. Gutting.

Hopefully payback time. Got to believe.

Last edited:
Can't remember too much about the game , was out the night before in Camden iirc , went to Swiss cottage b4 the game , think Tommy porter was in there , roker park groundsman , saw a couple of mates at ht think we were getting beat and then the 2nd half happened !! Long drive back ,cstopped in Derbyshire on the way back , got there just after last orders !! Perfick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back