Who was the worst player to play lots of games for us

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek::lol::lol::oops:

Roy was decent for us and Nunez played once.

Hmmm, strange one Eric Roy like. Started off brilliant, always remember the 4-1 Chelsea game where him and Thirlwell ran the midfield. But as the season wore on he tailed off big time, had some awful, awful games at the back end of the season, one that sticks in my mind is Villa away when Quinny scored with 5 minutes to go, people in our end were starting to laugh at him (Roy), he was that bad. Then soon into his second season Reid got shot of him, all very bizarre

Hmmm, strange one Eric Roy like. Started off brilliant, always remember the 4-1 Chelsea game where him and Thirlwell ran the midfield. But as the season wore on he tailed off big time, had some awful, awful games at the back end of the season, one that sticks in my mind is Villa away when Quinny scored with 5 minutes to go, people in our end were starting to laugh at him (Roy), he was that bad. Then soon into his second season Reid got shot of him, all very bizarre

Was it the same kind of 'bizarre' that we also refer to with people like nunez, fredgaard and medina? The 'bizarre' that we can't talk more about to with Reid's reign, due to legal ramifications (ahem)?

Was it the same kind of 'bizarre' that we also refer to with people like nunez, fredgaard and medina? The 'bizarre' that we can't talk more about to with Reid's reign, due to legal ramifications (ahem)?

I just mean in a footballing sense really, just a very odd player Roy, could never figure him out

Why would you hate Kevin Kilbane? Lovely fella, always gave his best. A limited player, but a decent enough winger and a great pro. Got the ball in the box and ran past people.

You are utterly clueless imo.

Kevin is going to need a bigger boat - his bait certainly worked.

Iirc we won more with him than without him like, though i know that means little.

I liked him tbh. Very little skill but a grafter and could boot people with the best of them. Its not a bad idea having someone liek him in the championship, certainly did a job.

Anyone can kick people, when Whitley done that on occasions it left us short. You need to be able to tackle, be able to pass, or at least be able to read the game to 'do a job'. All Whitley could do was chase and close down.

The problem is there's been so many... Whitehead, Nos, Kilbane, Davis, Miller, Hall, McShane, Breen, Howey

Breen was absolutely excellent first season and his composure as big a reason as any for the speed in which we turned around, good to decent the next. He then had a very poor season in the top flight, he shouldn't be even mentioned in threads like this.

Why would you hate Kevin Kilbane? Lovely fella, always gave his best. A limited player, but a decent enough winger and a great pro. Got the ball in the box and ran past people.

Wind up or plain daft? :lol::lol:

This. Christ, there were a lot lot worse.

I just mean in a footballing sense really, just a very odd player Roy, could never figure him out

It's an interesting one, I bet many Sunderland fans (probably including me TBH) only have positive memories of Roy and wonder why he didn't play more-what you say may well be true and explain it.

Don'tListenToTheHat said:
You can't think of a worse player than Henderson?

Whitehead gets my vote. Want to like him, but he couldn't pass in front of him. (Keeping in mind I am a young fan)

Aye wish we had a few more bad players worth 20 mil

Mick McGivern = non footballing utter thug. I remember watching him stamp on someones face in midweek FA Cup replay against Cardiff when they cleared the snow from the pitch.

Dick Malone - we loved his comedy attacking forward runs but at least he was a trier

Geoff Effin Whitley - winner by a country mile

I think people are confusing players that weren't up to the Premier League (but did a job in the 2nd tier) with some of the absolute dross we've had over the years.

And even though that goal still makes me smile (him, the ball, two defenders, the keeper and two square feet of turf all in the back of the net), another vote to Jeff Whitley. Abomination of a footballer.

Kieran Richardson, how he still plays is beyond me!

Nosworthy aswell :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back