WMS Who Owns Sunderland AFC?

The only reason they are here is because they agreed that ES gets the parachute money. If not we wouldve had different owners. Who may have been better or may have been worse.
ES wouldnt have sold to anyone who wouldnt let him take the para money.
Someone might need to educate me here, but what percentage would KLD need to have to execute a share issue like this?
51 per cent..or 50 per cent plus one share...a simple majority. if he has that there is nothing the others can do to stop him

Last edited:
ES wouldnt have sold to anyone who wouldnt let him take the para money.
I’m not doubting your knowledge of the intricacies of the deal. I am doubting your internet persona of casual Irish fan to be sure.

So if the chancers had refused the para money thing what was ES‘s next move? Sell to whoever offered the most? Close SAFC down and lose the lot? Settle for a smaller amount of the para money? Raffle off SAFC?

Whatever it was you have just proven that theyre only here because of a deal that’s not allowed in current English football rules without a special committee giving it the nod. One of that committee miraculously emerged at SAFC as CEO a few months later. wow!

Has Kyril ever said that he has a majority shareholding?

I know he said he has a controlling majority, but the longer this goes on, the more it looks like the other 2 have a lot more to say than it first appeared.

He has said he has the final say, I do think that to be true. I think he/they have got this decision wrong, when we got rid of ross it didn’t take 10 days to get a replacement.

The one thing I think KLD and KS forget is that by the time they arrived we were in our 3rd season at this level and I think the talk of “projects” would be more palpable in the championship. They forget it maybe their first full season at this level but it isn’t the clubs.

He has said he has the final say, I do think that to be true. I think he/they have got this decision wrong, when we got rid of ross it didn’t take 10 days to get a replacement.

The one thing I think KLD and KS forget is that by the time they arrived we were in our 3rd season at this level and I think the talk of “projects” would be more palpable in the championship. They forget it maybe their first full season at this level but it isn’t the clubs.
Some fucker better hurry up and remind them then.

Has Kyril ever said that he has a majority shareholding?

I know he said he has a controlling majority, but the longer this goes on, the more it looks like the other 2 have a lot more to say than it first appeared.
Yeah he has.

This is from November when RAWA asked the question:

“Louis-Dreyfus said: “I spoke to Steve and Kristjaan this morning and they immediately highlighted the concerns raised with regards to the club’s ownership and that is why I’m writing to you today.

"The project we are undertaking can only be successful with the full support and trust of our fan base and as I have stated before, it is my desire to lead SAFC with openness and transparency.

"At present, I’m unable to share the details of the shareholder's agreement due to confidentiality clauses but will be in a position to do so in due course. I would like to reiterate that I hold a governance majority which was non-negotiable for my involvement.

"It places me in direct control of the club’s long-term strategy and day-to-day operations.

"Alongside the Executive Team and staff, I’m totally committed to working side-by-side with our supporters to deliver long-term success to the people of Sunderland and our wider community.

"Thank you for your continued support and I hope to see you all at the Stadium of Light on Saturday.”

Last edited:
Yep, questions really need proper answers now. The whole club structure should be fully transparent and right now it feels like the club is keeping things very close to their chest.

If there is nothing to hide then let's see what it all looks like.

Leeds went through a series of cowboy owners and it seems like we may be going through something similar. Prove us wrong.

Yeah he has.

“Louis-Dreyfus said: “I spoke to Steve and Kristjaan this morning and they immediately highlighted the concerns raised with regards to the club’s ownership and that is why I’m writing to you today.

"The project we are undertaking can only be successful with the full support and trust of our fan base and as I have stated before, it is my desire to lead SAFC with openness and transparency.

"At present, I’m unable to share the details of the shareholder's agreement due to confidentiality clauses but will be in a position to do so in due course. I would like to reiterate that I hold a governance majority which was non-negotiable for my involvement.
"It places me in direct control of the club’s long-term strategy and day-to-day operations.

"Alongside the Executive Team and staff, I’m totally committed to working side-by-side with our supporters to deliver long-term success to the people of Sunderland and our wider community.

"Thank you for your continued support and I hope to see you all at the Stadium of Light on Saturday.”
Now that second line frightens me

Yeah he has.

Makes me wonder whether a governance majority means he needs those on his side of the table to vote with him.

It's at the point where we really need some transparency. People assume kld has 51%+ of the shares. So if they agreed to scrap the NDA and they announced that kld had 51% of the shares I think people would be happy. They'd rather it was more, and that Donald and Methven had less, but they'd accept it. If they announce that kld actually has 70% of the shares, people will be very happy.

For me, the only reason not to tell people, the only reason to maintain an NDA, is if KLD actually has less than 50% (albeit possibly with the majority of the voting shares). So if they maintain this confidentiality, more and more people are going to assume that Donald and Methven still have a good number of shares and potentially more input than we'd like, especially when Methven is sat next to kld at matches. They don't have to tell us, but equally we don't have to give them season card money if we don't trust the people running the club to be ambitious and to be open with the fans.

It's at the point where we really need some transparency. People assume kld has 51%+ of the shares. So if they agreed to scrap the NDA and they announced that kld had 51% of the shares I think people would be happy. They'd rather it was more, and that Donald and Methven had less, but they'd accept it. If they announce that kld actually has 70% of the shares, people will be very happy.

For me, the only reason not to tell people, the only reason to maintain an NDA, is if KLD actually has less than 50% (albeit possibly with the majority of the voting shares). So if they maintain this confidentiality, more and more people are going to assume that Donald and Methven still have a good number of shares and potentially more input than we'd like, especially when Methven is sat next to kld at matches. They don't have to tell us, but equally we don't have to give them season card money if we don't trust the people running the club to be ambitious and to be open with the fans.
They’ve made a rod for their own back and KLD, imo, is perilously close to ending up going down the road Donald went down and turning support against him. Donald, Satori & Charlie need to go very, very soon. KLD either needs to buy them out or find a new investor/partner. It’s obvious we aren’t going to go up this season now. Being down here another season is one thing, being down here another season with that lot and the same old problems is quite another.

I really think they're going to experience this next season if they appoint another patsy such as McCann and keep this smoke and mirrors act. People got onboard for the new regime's soundbites - a new way of recruitment and a long-term plan etc but are starting to question the running of the club again. Donald, Methven and Sartori have relied on us turning-up blindly but I think they'll soon get a shock.

Last edited:

Back