Who has been our worst loan signing?

Christ, the biggest disappointment when compared to expectation surely.

I questioned how we had managed to get him on loan when it was announced, questions were answered extremely quickly :lol:
I think half the Januzaj was the Moyes effect. So many times he was the only midfielder in their half, with only Defoe to cross to. Then he would be subbed for Borini who had the same problem. “Right when we attack I want you and Jermain to take on their entire team by yourselves, everyone else, 9 men behind the ball in our half, just incase they counter.”

We've had some absolute f***ing stinkers like.

Laurens De Bock stands out in recent years though.
Fred Alves.

A bit under the radar as we ended up promoted.
I genuinely don't remember him being at the club. :lol:

Last edited:
The only answer is Lee Camp. Probably the worst player I've seen play for us.

Notable mentions for Jake Clarke-Salter and Mason Burstow though.

Not the worst and probably far from it considering how much shite we've had but Adnan Januzaj was shite considering how good he was meant to be.

That said I remember Liverpool fans claiming Le Tellec was gonna be as good as Zidane 🤣.

Burstow for me, mind we've had some right duck eggs on loan over the years tbf.

He’s up there for certain, Iam amazed he’s even at Chelsea.

But at least he seems a genuine lad and is simply out of his depth. .

I always find it hard to shrug off my dislike for that Belgium fraud Januzaj under Moyes and La Tallec. Who were much better players than they showed for us.
Galloway.

Played well at Rochdale
Ricky Alvarez

In terms of value most certainly
Gelhardt wasn’t much good recently either !!

Really, what we would do for him this season. He was an excellent pivot for the way we played. But wasn’t a goal scorer so only half of what we needed

Last edited:
We need to get Tonto in the (Indian) scouting team because the Loan Arranger has been doing a terrible job (Amad excepted) for the last few seasons! :)

All the good ones, bar Amad, were in the PL days.

Burstow for me, mind we've had some right duck eggs on loan over the years tbf.
Has to be Dominic matteo.

We got away with that. Could easily have got a points deduction.

Sliding doors moment.

Were getting 14k at roker, if we'd have been relegated may not have recovered, and hard to imagine the sol being built...
Alonso or whatever he was called as we ended up forking out 17m or something for him
Alonso was class. Ended up a regular at Chelsea and Italy. Alvarez was the winger that inter Milan took us to court over. Lee congerton balls up.

Last edited:
We ended up signing him n'all! 😢

Started off on loan but didn't make many appearances. We signed him and Reidy played him to death to prove a point.
Bit before my time but obviously aware of his talents (or lack there of). I take it he's not just a result of football/fullbacks becoming more attacking over the years and he was just crap at everything?

Has to be Dominic matteo.

We got away with that. Could easily have got a points deduction.

Sliding doors moment.

Were getting 14k at roker, if we'd have been relegated may not have recovered, and hard to imagine the sol being built...

Alonso was class. Ended up a regular at Chelsea and Italy. Alvarez was the winger that inter Milan took us to court over. Lee congerton balls up.
Alvarez! That’s it. Thanks.

I came on to list 3 afore mentioned camp de bock and vokins however for the life of me I can't remember anything at all about declan John, also we had a Scottish winger on loan from Everton oneil era did absolutely nowt for us scored a world for Scotland at France iirc????

Back