Who do you play for...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tongey

Winger
Who do you play for and in which league?

Wanna see if i'll come up against anyone this season, Bishop Auckland 2nd's NYSD division 3

By play, do you mean: run around the field, get bowled first ball, throw down some wides?

Cos if so, then Houghton.

By play, do you mean: run around the field, get bowled first ball, throw down some wides?

Cos if so, then Houghton.

Thats the one :lol: my mate was supposed to be playing you last week i think, aycliffe? let me know when you play them again, will give you some inside info ;)

How many clubs are there over there and how is the sport doing?
there's a fair number of clubs over here now, some of the dublin clubs have 6 or so teams in different leagues. there's 14 leagues in the "leinster league".
we have two teams, one in league 7 and the other in league 12, not too bad for a club which only got back up and running properly a few years ago.
standard doesn't seem too bad, but there is a habit of playing on astro-turf mats rather than proper wickets.... hopefully this is only an early season thing!

irish_mackem said:
there's a fair number of clubs over here now, some of the dublin clubs have 6 or so teams in different leagues. there's 14 leagues in the "leinster league".
we have two teams, one in league 7 and the other in league 12, not too bad for a club which only got back up and running properly a few years ago.
standard doesn't seem too bad, but there is a habit of playing on astro-turf mats rather than proper wickets.... hopefully this is only an early season thing!

Aye playing on a proper pitch makes it feel like a proper game.

Good to see that it's all taking off a bit. 14 leagues in a county is way more than I expected you to say.

Cricket is part of the National Curriculum in France now so hopefully we can have a Six Nations in time!

If it ever stops raining, then I'll be playing for Shurdington CC, I was only in the friendly XI last season, but can't do that this year because of work, so hoping to play for their midweek team in the local evening league.

Decided against signing a central contract and stick with Houghton 3rd's for this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back