Who betrayed Anne Frank?

According to this report and one on the BBC today it was most likely Arnold van den Bergh who did it to save his own family.
For me it brings up the question of would me, you or anyone else for that matter do the same given the circumstances? Could I condemn someone to almost certain death to save my own life and the life of my family? Thankfully it’s a question I’ll never have to answer.
There will be some on here who have visited Anne Franks house in Amsterdam and the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp, myself included and saw what the war did to ordinary people.

For me it brings up the question of would me, you or anyone else for that matter do the same given the circumstances?

I assume everyone would depending on the circumstances.
I’ve had a few neighbours that I’d have joined in with them.
:lol: :lol: At least she wasn't playing techno at full blast at 3 in the morning.

Last edited:
Drum kit was my first thought. I wondered how long it would be before it was mentioned. Well done.

it is a profound read that all soppy entitled teenagers should be forced to read and comprehend. Stick them in a room until they finish it.
The Diary of Anne Frank & To Kill a Mockingbird should compulsory reading for teenagers in every school on the planet

The Diary of Anne Frank & To Kill a Mockingbird should compulsory reading for teenagers in every school on the planet
The diary was utterly beguiling for me. I was slightly older when I read it but it was astonishing.

Mockingbird doesn't have the same impact for me. One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich I thought would be good but the era of Gulags etc has gone into the mists of time whereas Anne Frank is still relevant.

How you coping with the heat on a night young Krankie?🥵
Don’t know about young, mind!! It has been a bit warm though hasn’t it? We have to sleep with the patio door and flyscreen open because our dog sleeps outside and we think he has a bit of dementia, meaning in the middle of the night he comes into our bedroom to see if we’re still there. The downside is that we’re being eaten alive by mozzies.

Been 39 degrees today and according to BOM it’s currently 31.2 degrees at 8:40pm. Tomorrow is forecast another 39 degrees with no end in sight. I’m on lates starting at 11am so the dog (a Siberian Husky) will be out in the worst of it. At least he’s under cover on the al-fresco and I’ve filled his big bucket with water. Hopefully he’ll sleep through it and he’ll be inside with the aircon on until I leave for work.

Far too hot for me that 20-26 about spot on for me..
Depends on humidity as well I suppose but if its' getting above 30c.. 🥵
We moved out here for a myriad of reasons, the weather being one of them, but those sort of temperatures over more than a few days can be debilitating to be honest. We had similar temperatures over the Christmas period as well.

The "humorous" replies to this are really ill judged, t's too specific to try and be funny about.

Unless we were there we don't know how we would have dealt with the situation. It's easy to project how we hope we would react but we have none of the life experiences of that generation prior to the Nazis and none of the fear and actual reality of them at our door.

The "humorous" replies to this are really ill judged, t's too specific to try and be funny about.

Unless we were there we don't know how we would have dealt with the situation. It's easy to project how we hope we would react but we have none of the life experiences of that generation prior to the Nazis and none of the fear and actual reality of them at our door.
As always, I will recommend this book.

Logon or register to see this image

I completely agree but antisemitism has been disgracefully weaponised by the Zionist lobby in Britain.

I recommend on DVD Son of Saul - Wikipedia - Hungarian with English sub-titles "set in the Auschwitz concentration camp during World War II, and follows a day-and-a-half in the life of Saul Ausländer (played by Géza Röhrig), a Hungarian member of the Sonderkommando"

Back