Who are the best 4 players in championship (GK df MD st)

• Thread starter Deleted member 45378
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 45378

Who are the 4 best players in the championship ? By that I mean best goalkeeper , defender, midfielder , striker . Everyone will have opinions so their is no right answer

I'll start with mine

GK Patterson (us )
Df ahmedhodzic (sheff utd )
Md Berge (sheff utd )
St gyokores (Coventry )

I'll go with the stats as I haven't watched them all nearly enough to form an opinion:

GK: Viktor Johansson
DF: Taylor Harwood Belis
MF: Joao Pedro
ST: Viktor Gyokeres (Stewart If he plays more)

Funnily enough, all young lads.

The people saying Patterson ( those who aren’t taken the piss I’ll add), adds further weight to him being the most overrated player on this board I’ve ever seen.

It’s absolutely mental, he’s nowhere near where people think he is 😂

In answer to the OP

GK Hovrath
Defender max lowe
Midfielder Giles or Amad
Striker Gyokores

The people saying Patterson ( those who aren’t taken the piss I’ll add), adds further weight to him being the most overrated player on this board I’ve ever seen.

In answer to the OP

GK Hovrath
Defender max lowe
Midfielder Giles or Amad
Striker Gyokores
Sorry like I disagree about Patterson . Will make the premier league within the next 3 seasons with or without Sunderland and will get in England squad within next 5 as real shortage of top quality English keepers .

Sorry like I disagree about Patterson . Will make the premier league within the next 3 seasons with or without Sunderland and will get in England squad within next 5 as real shortage of top quality English keepers .

f***ing hell man. His distribution is up there if not the worst in the league, he kicks the ball out of play when under no pressure on average once or twice a game, he doesn’t have great command of his box, he can sometimes look a bit weak with certain balls across him, and he has the odd error here and there.

To be fair on the last one, every keeper makes the odd error.

However to say he’s that good currently is laughable. He’s a decent young keeper, who has work to do if he wants to be up there with the best. Pickford was miles ahead of him at the same age.

In answer to the OP

GK Hovrath
Defender max lowe
Midfielder Giles or Amad
Striker Gyokores

Laughing at people saying Patterson and then you have Lowe as the best defender in the league when he isn’t even Sheff Utd’s best defender

Laughing at people saying Patterson and then you have Lowe as the best defender in the league when he isn’t even Sheff Utd’s best defender

Aye cos that’s totally the same thing. I agree Sheff Utd have a great defence and I can see the argument for one of 3 to be the best. However saying Patterson is the best keeper in the league when he’d struggle to make the top 10 is pathetic man. It’s so biased it’s unreal.

The way people go on about him on here you’d think he’s levels above us and the rest of the league.

“Englands future number 1”, easily premier league standard, best in the championship. Get to absolute fuck man 😂😂😂

f***ing hell man. His distribution is up there if not the worst in the league
This is one of the biggest myths on this board...it gets repeated so often without challenge that it becomes the truth in some people's eyes.

Distribution can always be worked on and he is doing so, but Patterson's is decent....his throwing is very good and has come on leaps and bounds, he is nowhere near the worst in the Championship at all for distribution.

This is one of the biggest myths on this board...it gets repeated so often without challenge that it becomes the truth in some people's eyes.

Distribution can always be worked on and he is doing so, but Patterson's is decent....his throwing is very good and has come on leaps and bounds, he is nowhere near the worst in the Championship at all for distribution.

Come off it mate. He regularly kicks its out of play at least once or twice a game, sometimes under absolutely no pressure. He panics all the time and his clearances are misplaced, and fall to the opposition. He hesitates to the play the ball other than simple little passes, and he can’t hit a long pass most of the time when he has players in loads of space.

Out of about 30 or 40 lads I’m either mates with or have sat next to in the ground for years, it’s completely unanimous that Pattersons distribution and kicking is absolutely shocking.

It’s not even close to being an smb myth, it’s as clear as day how bad it is.

In answer to the OP

GK Hovrath
Defender max lowe
Midfielder Giles or Amad
Striker Gyokores
Amongst Luton fans, the jury is very much out on Horvath. He's protected by an excellent defence but has dropped a few clangers.

Aye cos that’s totally the same thing. I agree Sheff Utd have a great defence and I can see the argument for one of 3 to be the best. However saying Patterson is the best keeper in the league when he’d struggle to make the top 10 is pathetic man. It’s so biased it’s unreal.

The way people go on about him on here you’d think he’s levels above us and the rest of the league.

“Englands future number 1”, easily premier league standard, best in the championship. Get to absolute fuck man 😂😂😂

While I agree he's hugely over rated on this board. I feel you're really doing him a disservice saying he's not top 10 championship keepers. I think he's top 10 comfortably. Probably not top 5 but definitely between 5th and 10th. He's in the England u21 set up for a reason and it's not due to lack of keepers. He deserves the recognition. But I do agree with you about his distribution.

He can improve, and he will undoubtedly improve to be a premier league keeper. He will certainly be a far better keeper than Horvath, Wilson, woodman and so on.

Back