Who’s actually excited for next season ?

I was thinking about this earlier.

If and it's a pretty big if looking at it at the minute. If before the season starts the club bring in good players, create depth in the squad, do the things we've been screaming for for years. Regardless if Johnson is here or not. If it looks like we are building a team that when promoted could compete in the championship.

Then, I will get excited.

KLD has some big decisions to make, and we shall see how good his data analysis is

There were a few classless fuckwits giving grief to some of the players and LJ outside the ground yesterday who need a permanent holiday from the place! Now that’s not the time!

I am

we finally have an owner who has the money to back up his talk.

all the talk of a restructure is what we all wanted.
Yes I’d have loved to go up this season but it’s not really that big of a surprise that we didn’t.
Exciting times ahead, whatever happens I’ll be 100% behind the club in every way possible.
Pissing and moaning is draining and I just can’t be arsed with the negativity.
Onwards and upwards.
Storm the league next year !!
Its football. Its sunderland. I'm in.

All depends on the covid situation for me. If all that shit is gone and we’re allowed back as normal then I can’t wait. If there’s going to be restrictions or even worse lockdowns again then I’m going to struggle being interested again.

Yesterday didn't piss me off that much as I fully expected it. Obviously they had to build us up and give us some hope first but I think deep down we all know we weren't good enough to go up. I thought we might do it on pens and was trying to be confident but can't dwell on it and have to move on quickly like the OP said. I am looking forward to next season. Mainly as I'm hoping we'll all be back in the ground.

I want to be excited and to have hope, more than anything, that we’ll compete at the top of the table. That all depends on getting necessary quality early signings in and making progress as promised.

We'll come out of the traps like greyhounds next season :lol:

What's happened is the past, nowt we can do about it, so we rebuild for next season. It will be interesting to see KLD's reaction to this season. Does Johnson stay or go? I'm not Johnson's greatest fan but if KLD has faith in him then he must see something about Johnson that I and many others don't. That being said, if KLD believes that Johnson is the right man, then he needs to back him. What is a worry is, should Johnson fail next season then the club could be looking at a 5th season in this league. Excited? that is too strong a word. I'm bitterly disappointed right now that we've blown away a very good chance of promotion, do I feel confident Johnson will get us promoted next season? No I'm not, if we start badly next season then he needs to go but he'll have already brought in "his" players in the summer. So a new manager inherits someone else's players and on we go on the hamster cage.

Back