White rap fan uses N-word on stage

He put her in that position and it looks to me like he stops the "song" first to point out she'd said the word (it!).

FWIW The reason The Word was so offensive was because it was used so very generally to mean "bunch of people who look kinda human but arent and dont have or deserve the rights beyond those we'd give any other beast of burden". Thats what it meant and thats what it was used to mean by an extraordinarily large degree of the population incredibly casually as if it was so obviously true. So yeah I get that its not something that should be used to refer to any person ever. However that's not what happened here. It has become such a verboten word that even repeating it back to someone is reason for the circle jerk keyboard warriors to go into full fledged attack mode. He knew that when he brought her up on stage, he knew that when he stopped the song. He probably knew he'd suddenly get a million extra you tube hits and some name recognition on news websites when he did it too.
He stopped it because the crowd were booing

I know, it’s like black people don’t understand how privileged they are and how tough white people have it by comparison
You are massively generalising. Believe it or not most black mainstream musicians are more affluent than white rap fans.

Just because a segment of society was discriminated against doesn’t mean they now have to act like *****. I’m sure you could see the comparison with the Israeli treatment of Palestinians? Plenty of middle class do gooders can’t wait to bleat about the nasty Jews.

The context of the word is everything.....Used by black people as a term of irony depicting friendship its 100% acceptable. Used by a black person as an insult to another black person it is not.

Used by a white person I would struggle to ever think of how its ok...HOWEVER I can see literally no issue with this fan using it given the circumstances/context it was used. What was she supposed to do, bleep herself out?

The lass loves the singer ffs, how anybody could believe this was meant as a racial slur is mindblowing tbh.

And Im a soft shite lefty snowflake!

I know, it’s like black people don’t understand how privileged they are and how tough white people have it by comparison
What white privilege does a poor kid from Sunderland get growing up in the 1980s?

I know, not as wealthy as Jay Z - what a tough life white people lead
Poverty, discrimination and abuse doesn't exist if you're white :rolleyes:

It begs the question why poor white people don’t see themselves as in the same boat as black people given they insights they have into being on the wrong side of things economically, socially etc
I'm sure they do (I do). It's got to be wrong that all white people are classed as having privilege when they are prevented by poverty, accent, family background etc from getting on the ladder of life.

Of course we don't have the same history as black people and understand why something's would be offensive, but we can't dwell in the past. My kids wouldn't grasp the concept of race discrimination, or homophobia for that matter. Why should we be tarred with the same brush as an Oxbridge educated son of a merchant banker?

Back