Whisky

You've tried each batch of KK 8 C/S haven't you mate? Any preference for a particular one?
Maybe the earlier edition, though did have a dram of the latest batch Sunday and really enjoyed it…fortunately no sulphur for me 👍
Is it still on sale anywhere?
Doubt it…I’ll try and get a bottle whenever next batch is out but not easy to nab ( thanks to @shakerman ) for last bottle.

Last edited:
The first 8yo CS is the best standard release KK thus far imo. Some of the regional 15yo’s are better, but most were difficult to obtain.
Think you may have sampled me that, if so superb.
Think I had bottles of second and third batch, or would it be third and fourth ?

Would help if they put this on labels :)

Think you may have sampled me that, if so superb.
Think I had bottles of second and third batch, or would it be third and fourth ?

Would help if they put this on labels :)

I forgot there were some 8yo before the sherry cask. Last years was the 4th batch which in that case makes the batch I like (the first sherried), batch 3.

Edit: Having a mare. Says this one is batch 4 on whiskybase.

Last edited:
I forgot there were some 8yo before the sherry cask. Last years was the 4th batch which in that case makes the batch I like (the first sherried), batch 3.

Edit: Having a mare. Says this one is batch 4 on whiskybase.
Sometimes tell them apart by abv …i bought the 56.9% from you and I’ve also had the 56.5%

The sample you sent was marked batch 1 and was 57.1%

Confused ? You will be :lol:

Sometimes tell them apart by abv …i bought the 56.9% from you and I’ve also had the 56.5%

The sample you sent was marked batch 1 and was 57.1%

Confused ? You will be :lol:

ABV is definitely what I should have went with. 57.1% is indeed the one I was failing to identify. I’ve evidently long held the mistaken belief that it was the first batch.

ABV is definitely what I should have went with. 57.1% is indeed the one I was failing to identify. I’ve evidently long held the mistaken belief that it was the first batch.
With hindsight I’ve really enjoyed both full size bottles bought and the sample you sent was very good as was the 15 yr old bourbon from what I recall
Can’t see why they don’t put batch numbers on…they manage to do it with their heavily peated releases

Last edited:
With hindsight I’ve really enjoyed both full size bottles bought and the sample you sent was very good as was the 15 yr old bourbon from what I recall

Can’t see why they don’t put batch numbers on…they manage to do it with their heavily peated releases

They don’t put batch numbers on any of the Springbank or Longrow releases either. I like the 15yo bourbon too, the 15yo Finos are decent too, as is the 15yo oloroso for the US. Absolutely love the 15yo Madeira Taiwanese release.

They don’t put batch numbers on any of the Springbank or Longrow releases either. I like the 15yo bourbon too, the 15yo Finos are decent too, as is the 15yo oloroso for the US. Absolutely love the 15yo Madeira Taiwanese release.
The core releases are often hard enough to get hold of …but these :lol:

The core releases are often hard enough to get hold of …but these :lol:

Hehe. I searched for the Madeira bottle for ages - finally managed to get it from a guy in Vietnam. Only had samples of the US Oloroso and the Polish Fino, nabbed a bottle of the Belgian Fino. I’ve not tried them all, but of those I have, the only one I was ambivalent about was the Danish port bottling.

Hehe. I searched for the Madeira bottle for ages - finally managed to get it from a guy in Vietnam. Only had samples of the US Oloroso and the Polish Fino, nabbed a bottle of the Belgian Fino. I’ve not tried them all, but of those I have, the only one I was ambivalent about was the Danish port bottling.
:lol: :lol:
As you do….

Going to newcastle tomorrow. Any decent whisky shops?
You've got Rehills on Jesmond Road who usually carry a good selection but personally I find them rip off merchants who charge every penny they think they can get and often 3,4 or 5 times launch retail prices on harder to get bottles.
I wouldn't entertain them but they will have a decent selection.

You've got Rehills on Jesmond Road who usually carry a good selection but personally I find them rip off merchants who charge every penny they think they can get and often 3,4 or 5 times launch retail prices on harder to get bottles.
I wouldn't entertain them but they will have a decent selection.

Aye Jesmond nearer of course...have heard they're cheeky twats on pricing mind

Back