Whisky

just sipping the Kilkerran 8 cask strength...
Very decent and unlike some of the reviewers no sulphur, though not something I’m susceptible to.

Sounds like some North Star releases soon 👍

Steered clear of Japanese malts due to prices and value apparently long since gone.

I get a little sulphur from the KK but nothing excessive, not that it typically bothers me much either. It’s not as good as the previous sherried 8yo imo.

Ludicrous prices these days. The 2013 sherry cask and this one were released for £80 - £90 retail at the time.

I’d love to try the 45yo Glenburgie from NSS but it’s unlikely I’ll be prepared to pay the price. I’ve also been waiting for a mezcal casked whisky so anticipating the Blair Athol too though it’s not the distillery I’d have chosen for a mezcal cask.

I get a little sulphur from the KK but nothing excessive, not that it typically bothers me much either. It’s not as good as the previous sherried 8yo imo.

Ludicrous prices these days. The 2013 sherry cask and this one were released for £80 - £90 retail at the time.

I’d love to try the 45yo Glenburgie from NSS but it’s unlikely I’ll be prepared to pay the price. I’ve also been waiting for a mezcal casked whisky so anticipating the Blair Athol too though it’s not the distillery I’d have chosen for a mezcal cask.
Yep that one was by all accounts the best of them....the three I had/have are all pretty good though.

Aye saw the Blair Athol ...not sure what else is in line for release.
It sounds as though there may be some Whiskybroker releases on the horizon as well.

aye saw that mentioned on his Facebook page....did think after latest fine drams order turns up I might have a rest from buying out for a month or so....seems unlikely now

Got myself a label printer so at least my samples in future will look a bit more “pro“ :lol:

Last edited:
aye saw that mentioned on his Facebook page....did think after latest fine drams order turns up I might have a rest from buying out for a month or so....seems unlikely now

Got myself a label printer so at least my samples in future will look a bit more “pro“ :lol:
I've been hanging back on buying this year. I've got four bottles in storage at Whiskybroker and I'm waiting to round them up to six for delivery. I'll then have plenty of stock.

Yep that one was by all accounts the best of them....the three I had/have are all pretty good though.

Aye saw the Blair Athol ...not sure what else is in line for release.

45yo Glenburgie, 28yo Glen Keith, 14yo Auchroisk, 14yo Blair Athol, 13yo Loch Lomond, 12yo Mannochmore, 5yo Glasgow and a gin iirc.

Lol on the label printer. I only got one as I’m lazy and my handwriting is horrific.

45yo Glenburgie, 28yo Glen Keith, 14yo Auchroisk, 14yo Blair Athol, 13yo Loch Lomond, 12yo Mannochmore, 5yo Glasgow and a gin iirc.

Lol on the label printer. I only got one as I’m lazy and my handwriting is horrific.
You put me to shame mate :lol:
Takes me a while to work but looks a lot better

Guessing the NSS won’t be like the recent Kilkerran mania but where do you reckon is more likely to have them in stock ?
Fancy the Auchroisk or Mannochmore

You put me to shame mate :lol:
Takes me a while to work but looks a lot better

Guessing the NSS won’t be like the recent Kilkerran mania but where do you reckon is more likely to have them in stock ?
Fancy the Auchroisk or Mannochmore

Aberdeen Whisky Shop, Tyndrum and occasionally a deli called Billingtons of Lenzie are the 3 stores I get most of mine from.

Logon or register to see this image
Hehe, Ian Croucher tipped me off on the latter.

Final dram of the night, Ralfy’s Port Charlotte. I’m seemingly in a minority of not really caring for it. Too much wood astringency and an odd staleness on the palette for me.

it sounds good mind 👍
Was this one of the charity bottles ? Know there has been a recent Daftmill as well as others

Anyone had this

Dug out the bottle of Glenturret I had tonight and it turns out it was 10yo maiden release peat smoked I bought, not the 12. Very nice dram though.

Started out with the Wolfburn Help for Heroes release which I really like, then on to Arran quarter cask now just cracked open the Glenturret peat smoked for a neck pour.

Absolute scrum for the Springbank Festival bottlings and tasting packs this morning. Site went down more than Heidi Fleiss' employees.
Just sipping an Octomore 11.1....sample as bottles ain’t exactly cheap.

Had a few samples of various Octomores now and must say I really really like them 👍

Ridiculously priced given their age bracket but the quality is always high.

Last edited:
Absolute scrum for the Springbank Festival bottlings and tasting packs this morning. Site went down more than Heidi Fleiss' employees.

Ridiculously priced given their age bracket but the quality is always high.
Yep...think the 11.1 is a 5 year old malt and costs approx. £130 :eek:

very nice though

Back