Which young players will we profit from

The point of the model is to sign many jack Clarke equivalent players and sell them on.

Who do we actually think we'll make money from of those we've signed in the last two years?

And will we now have to persist with the Dross squad we have so that we can develop tjem in the hope theyll come good?

Are you really blaming Hume for today when he played right back and right wing at the same time today and had absolutely no support, yet still managed to create a golden chance for Rusyn that should have won us the game?
Not at all but he's a shadow of the player we saw under Mowbray.
For the avoidance of doubt, I'm his biggest fan and I believe he will go on to play at the highest level. His tackling, work rate and positional sense before Mowbray was sacked was noteworthy. Our most consistent performer bar none.

Last edited:
The point of the model is to sign many jack Clarke equivalent players and sell them on.

Who do we actually think we'll make money from of those we've signed in the last two years?

And will we now have to persist with the Dross squad we have so that we can develop tjem in the hope theyll come good?
I long for the craic we had when we signed Danny batth in league one to be turned over by Bolton 6-0
Those were the days.
Model this and definitely model that

Why do you think this is the model?

The model is not to lose out on transfers when below the premier league.
Since we have been in the championship I think every club except ours has been in a transfer surplus. (I think) We are the biggest spenders - or at least close to it

To compete long term with parachute clubs and premier teams, surely the model is to have young players sign on 4-5 yr contacts who grow and become good enough to play in the prem?

Just as we did league one to the champ?
And not to buy experienced pros on big money and IF that fails we are fucked

Are you really blaming Hume for today when he played right back and right wing at the same time today and had absolutely no support, yet still managed to create a golden chance for Rusyn that should have won us the game?
Do o you mean that poor cross he put in behind Rusyn ? It was a great chance but Hume’s cross wasn’t good enough. I am a Hume fan , but he had 3 opportunities to cross a ball today and he couldn’t produce the quality needed.Am not criticising him , I just didn’t see the cross you are talking about , unless there was another that I missed.
Ballard , Hume, Cirkin and Ba
If we are not putting a time limit on it , I would add Jobe , he will be a PL player.

Last edited:
'We' won't ever profit from seeing good young players sold.

"We" dont get the money. The club does.

We just see a team losing their best player/s. Sure the club might use the money and - hopefully - brinig in someone even better, but how often does that happen.

But then. I'm still pissed about selling Colin Todd

All you have to do is look at who we've signed. Ballard and Clarke are the only two you'd bank on a big profit. Hume would be a big sell on... I'm struggling now. To answer the second question, no one would want or pursue the rest of em. They're either injury prone or untested. We now have a load of Dajaku's on our hands. Maybe the same folk who took Lihadji for a canny penny (apparently) will take the rest

Last edited:

Back