Which is your 1st sport?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddyfinn

Striker
Mine used to be football but TBH really falling out of love with it and Cricket is slowly taking over. I used to watch 6 or 7 football games a week and MOTD I now rarely watch more than one a week and occasionally watch MOTD.

Really enjoying watching cricket at the moment even non england games and once the cricket season starts that will be the end of watching sunderland for the season bar Sunday games even though I have a season ticket.

If you take Sunderland out of the equation I would say I prefer cricket to football and that has been a gradual move over the last few years.

However, I wouldn't miss a run of the mill Sunderland match for a run of the mill Durham game although I would miss, and indeed have missed, a Sunderland game for a major Durham game (title decider, Lords final etc).

When it comes to internationals there is no contest. The England cricket team takes priority over the overpaid, under-achieving tossers who represent England at football every time.

I've always spent more time watching football than cricket over the last few years but I played local cricket throughout my youth, and my Dad always took me to Scarborough Festival and had me a DCCC membership as a kid so cricket has probably always been the first sport. I did go through a period of not following as much as I should when I used to follow SAFC away from home a bit more, but the last year or so I've really got back into all things cricket very closely again. It's such a classier and more thinking game which thankfully hasn't lost most of it's traditions like football has. The players are more down to earth and approachable, and take great pride in success, you don't hear any ego-driven stories about them. The commentators are more knowledgeable and unbiased and you don't get treated like a hooligan when you go to a game.

There's so many things wrong with football I'd have to book a day off work to type them all up.

I'd rather watch a football match on tv over a cricket match on tv and would rather watch a Sunderland game than a Durham one. But England cricket comes well above England football and I have taken a far greater interest in this cricket WC and the last T20 one than the football WC in the summer.

Sunderland,
England cricket,
Durham cricket,
England football.

Obviously want England footy team to do well in tournaments etc, but I want DCC to get the the FP final again like 2007 or 2008 or whenever it was, Lords is a cracking trip!

Five years ago in my old job everyone knew me as the SAFC nut. I'd done 95% of home games since 1990 and probably 85 domestic away grounds plus a dozen or so abroad and used loads of my holiday on midweek aways.

Nowadays most people in my office probably don't know I watch football. Had some sort of footballing nervous breakdown after standing watching us lose in the cold at Ewood Park in a cup replay in 2009 while our best two players sat on the bench and now when I go it's just to see my mates as I've met loads of brilliant people watching Sunderland.

Love cricket though. Can wander to any local club game, lie down on the grass and get into it. Really looking forward to seeing Pakistan v West Indies tomorrow (had took the day off to watch England). Love listening to senile public schoolboys commentate on TMS. Can't wait to meet up with the great bunch of lads I've met over the last 18 months through SMB CC.Can't wait to play my first forward defensive of the season.

Roll on April :cool:.

Last edited:
football (safc) , after that probably mma (ufc etc)

Sunderland
England Cricket
Durham
England Rugby Union
England Overpaid Ponces

I'm so pissed off with the way footballs going, it's becoming a non contact sport. I've been to the caribean three times to watch non England games, I love the atmosphere. Nowt better having a red stripe in your hand, music blaring and everyone enjoying themselves.

Love cricket though. Can wander to any local club game, lie down on the grass and get into it. Really looking forward to seeing Pakistan v West Indies tomorrow (had took the day off to watch England). Love listening to senile public schoolboys commentate on TMS. Can't wait to meet up with the great bunch of lads I've met over the last 18 months through SMB CC.Can't wait to play my first forward defensive of the season.

same here, apart from the getting a day off work.

love playing when i can, even though im mostly rubbish

Cricket slightly edges it for me, i prefer to listen to tms than watch any other sport on the telly.

As far as playing i really miss playing footy and would like to try playing again on grass to see if its any easier on the old hips. I looking forward to playing cricket again this season though its always good crack and never far from to go for a pint after the game :)

safc
moto gp
F1
American football
College american football
Normall football im getting sick of it the atmosphere is dieing

Five years ago in my old job everyone knew me as the SAFC nut. I'd done 95% of home games since 1990 and probably 85 domestic away grounds plus a dozen or so abroad and used loads of my holiday on midweek aways.

Nowadays most people in my office probably don't know I watch football. Had some sort of footballing nervous breakdown after standing watching us lose in the cold at Ewood Park in a cup replay in 2009 while our best two players sat on the bench and now when I go it's just to see my mates as I've met loads of brilliant people watching Sunderland.

I'd never think of stopping to watch a football match in the park if I was passing by, but EVERY time I go past a cricket match I have to stop and watch at least one ball or over. Like you say, also more than happy to wander along and watch a cricket match between two teams I don't know for several hours, which I have even thought of doing for football.

Has probably always been Cricket, Athletics then Football. Cycling coming up in fourth, followed by F1, Rugby and Tennis all way behind. Football has always been a more scoial thing and something almost everyone can hold a conversation about so you end up spending more time talking about.

Will end up spending a fortune on Olympics tickets if all my applications are drawn .. beach volleyball will jump up the list for a few days :lol:

I have a Sunderland season ticket and Durham membership, and due to the cost of the Sunderland ticket (and only 19 home games a season) I go to the SoL over the Riverside, but I must say I enjoy a day at Durham a lot more than 90 minutes at Sunderland.

If it was a choice of an International T20/50 overs match or say Man Utd v Chelsea, I'd choose to watch the cricket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back