Where to drink pre- Rotherham

Hopefully the weather is alright. Last time there they set mobile bars up outside of the turnstiles. Mind it was red hot that day.

We arrive in Doncaster 12;53...tempted to stay put there, and get the 14;35 train to Rotherham, arrives 14;57..Less coin and time we spend there the better,..

yer onthe same Donny train as us, I wouldn’t be getting the 14:57 mind as it’s a 10/15 walk to the ground.
We just decided to have a pint in Donny station, possibly try a pub in Rotherham, if we can’t get in then just have a beer in the ground.

Let me get this right:

- There's no away fans allowed in the pubs in Rotherham
- The train from Doncaster gets in at 14.57
- There's no booze served in the ground?
- If you drink near the station in Sheffield it may well be packed with Sheff United fans as they are playing at home.

f***ing brilliant.

Let me get this right:

- If you drink near the station in Sheffield it may well be packed with Sheff United fans as they are playing at home.

f***ing brilliant.
There’s a train from Donny that gets in at 13:57.
As for booze in the ground unless this has been changed….

Let me get this right:

f***ing brilliant.
Surely it makes sense to sell booze in the ground? Gets people in early and in one place. It would be much easier for the coppers.

Surely it makes sense to sell booze in the ground? Gets people in early and in one place. It would be much easier for the coppers.

Aye that's what I thought, but it was insinuated in a post above that there wasn't (unless I've misread it).

It's not the same launching a bottle of Fanta whilst singing about the mags and Charlie Wyke.

I'd say Sheffield there's a pub right inside the station and there's a spoons about ten minute walk from the station.

We're gonna try to drinki n Rotherham as we don't have an accent or wearing colours so we should be alright
If coming up from Norfolk by road, try Maltby or Wickersley just south east of Rotherham from A1. Old pit villages where Durham/ Northumberland folk ‘emigrated’ years ago.

If coming up from Norfolk by road, try Maltby or Wickersley just south east of Rotherham from A1. Old pit villages where Durham/ Northumberland folk ‘emigrated’ years ago.
Appreciate that mate but I'm coming up on the train from King's Lynn. Good advice for any other exiles coming from this way though

Appreciate that mate but I'm coming up on the train from King's Lynn. Good advice for any other exiles coming from this way though
Take it you’ll becoming through Pboro then .... we’re on the 10.18 to Sheffield, change at Donny .... if you’re on that give us a shout ...

Take it you’ll becoming through Pboro then .... we’re on the 10.18 to Sheffield, change at Donny .... if you’re on that give us a shout ...
I'm getting the ten to 7 train from Ely, just as I'm need to drop my bags off in Sheffield at the hotel and get some breakfast. I'll definitely see you at the game or after depending on your train times. See you there

M18 junction 1 first exit 5 minutes into maltby big Wetherspoons at crossroads you can’t miss it opens at 7am about a 15 minutes drive to New York stadium or take 3rd exit towards Wickersley 2 minutes drive 5 pubs within 2 minutes walk of each other. Avoid going into Rotherham for a drink it’s pointless hope this helps enjoy your day but not the result

Millers fan here. To answer a few queries people have raised on this thread.
There are quite a few pubs in the town centre but they all get very busy on matchdays, this is the first game other than Millwall where away fans have been banned completely....not sure why?
The train station is only a 5 minute walk from the ground, and you CAN get a pint in the ground its Tetleys & Carlberg.
If you are taking a train to Donny there are quite a few pubs near the train station and you wont have any issues getting a pint. If you are going to Sheffield there are quite a few pubs within 5 minutes' walk of the station, and trains are very regular to Rotherham.
If you are driving there is lots of parking off the A630 "Brinsworth Street" car park which is next to the ground on the "away end" side and its easy access out

Any other questions ask away

Back