When was the Xmas decision taken?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir Charles Walker, the vice-chairman of the Tory backbench 1922 Committee, said he believed ministers knew before Friday that they would be cancelling Christmas.

“I suspect the government knew they were going to cancel Christmas on Wednesday and Thursday when they were still telling the House of Commons they planned to press ahead,” he told BBC Radio 4’s The World This Weekend.

“I think many colleagues find that extremely egregious. The Christmas period was passed into law by the House of Commons in a vote after a debate.

“The view of most colleagues was for that to be changed, another vote would be required in the House of Commons. So I suspect a decision was delayed until we were safely away back to our constituencies.”

Almost reads like some Tories wanted a vote on the last minute restrictions to vote it down and continue with the 5 day relaxation...

Sir Charles Walker, the vice-chairman of the Tory backbench 1922 Committee, said he believed ministers knew before Friday that they would be cancelling Christmas.

“I suspect the government knew they were going to cancel Christmas on Wednesday and Thursday when they were still telling the House of Commons they planned to press ahead,” he told BBC Radio 4’s The World This Weekend.

“I think many colleagues find that extremely egregious. The Christmas period was passed into law by the House of Commons in a vote after a debate.

“The view of most colleagues was for that to be changed, another vote would be required in the House of Commons. So I suspect a decision was delayed until we were safely away back to our constituencies.”

I think by tuesday, Wednesday the tier 3 christmas day mixing will be binned.

Daft thing is that the Covid Research Group, who actually know sweet fa about Covid, want to remove restrictions not make them tighter. What can possibly go wrong?

Either

a) they knew and they lied

or

b) they missed the massive surge in cases

Either way they are utterly hopeless

Well speaking as someone who hates the Tories I wouldn't want it to be someone competent. They might get back in at the next GE.

They definitely will regardless. Its witchcraft or summar, but it's happening.

(Labour are continously blamed for the last ten years and this current covid mess).

They definitely will regardless. Its witchcraft or summar, but it's happening.

(Labour are continously blamed for the last ten years and this current covid mess).

It's like turning an oil tanker after the Corbyn debacle. But Starmer handing Johnson his arse on a plate every week is helping it get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back