When was the last time we had a season

anitdontmajanow

Central Defender
like there where there is literally fuck all to play for with so many games left,

as far back as i can remember we have been in either Challenging for Prem Europe push well albeit 2 season under Reidy or Prem Relegation battle, Championship Promotion/Play Off race obviously the shit that followed which was relegation battle plus 4 years of Promotion challenges.

its proper grim must be shit supporting teams who just float around mid table every year

10th place finish under Bruce?

Edit - actually on 9 April (after 32 games) we were only 6 points clear of 3rd bottom so still not completely out of a relegation battle

Last edited:
10th place finish under Bruce?
There was still an excitement/something to play for in terms of trying to finish top half of the Premier league which would have been seen as an achievement at the time, although I get what you mean!
I don't remember a season when there was absolutely nothing to play for but I am only 32

Ive been banging on about mid table mediocrity being a good thing for my heart for years - its actually shit

mid table in the prem maybe, mid table anywhere else is just fooking shite, i don't care about the last 4/5 years we should either be challenging for promotion or at the very least play offs nothing else should be acceptable.

A boring mid table finish is probably a good first step on the road to not being a complete basket case of a club to be fair.

More sustainable but boring as fuck :lol:

In 10 years if we’re in the Prem doing a Brighton or Brentford well be looking back at this as laying the foundations. I live in hope.

Last edited:
Championship relegation? Later that this, but with goal difference we went down by 7 points, despite winning the final game against champions wolves.

also we need to have a very good summer window with a good manager brought in, or will certainly be in a relegation battle next season

Problem is that we got the last two seasons the wrong way around

If we'd had a boring mid-table finish last season followed by a defeat in the playoffs, most people (except the constant whingers) would have been satisfied at the progress. We just didn't expect the relative over-achievement last season which makes this year feel more disappointing.

Back