What's the best 0-0 you've seen ?

0-0 at Anfield in 96-97. Bally man-marked Mcmanaman out of it.

Also the 82 at home to Liverpool when sounness should have been sent off for the foul on Elliott.

Chelsea at home either 2014 or 2015 for performance - we should have won if I remember.

But Arsenal under Dick or Pompey play offs are the obvious 2 in terms of what we needed from the game

December 21 1974..... Oldham Athletic 0 Sunderland 0

Nearly froze me bollox off watching that!!! Well Boundary Park is noted as the Coldest Ground in the Leagues..... 2nd Highest in Elevation above Sea Level too.

Was at the Highest Ground above Sea Level, The Hawthorns, November 1, 2003, for another 0-0 draw singing 'sign him on' every time Stewart Downing touched the ball, He was head and shoulders above the other so called footballers on display that day.
Don’t think Oldham qualifies any more sadly, as the statistic refers to the 92. I think Vale Park has the number two slot now.
If we’re allowed to go down the leagues, Buxton in the NLN beats not just every ground in England at the semi pro level but every ground in the UK at over 1000ft. Their cricket ground is, obviously, at a similar altitude so holds the remarkable record of being the only first class ground who have seen snow stopped play in June. More remarkably to those who were holding enough to remember the summary in question, it happened in 1976.

Last edited:
Home to Leicester way back in 1972. Fulwell singing ‘champions, champions ha ha ha’ at the team that went on to become 2nd division champions.

Back