What's that one special song that takes you back to your 1st match at Roker Park or the SOL?

H

Heaven Up Here

It's summer 1980. Unemployment has hit a 40 year high of 1.9 million. Strikes have began at the Gdansk shipyards,and the Tyne & Wear Metro has just opened.

But whenever I hear Ashes to Ashes by David Bowie (released August 1st), I'm instantly transported back to that gloriously sunny day of August 16th 1980, and my first ever match at Roker Park.

Music and football emote such powerful and passionate feelings, and that's the track that remind me of that special day.

For some reason the song that reminds me of Roker Park when i first started going is Tpau "China In Your Hand". Used to watch players warm up under the floodlight of Fullwell End /Clockstand. That song used to always be played. Stuck with me all these yrs.

It's summer 1980. Unemployment has hit a 40 year high of 1.9 million. Strikes have began at the Gdansk shipyards,and the Tyne & Wear Metro has just opened.

But whenever I hear Ashes to Ashes by David Bowie (released August 1st), I'm instantly transported back to that gloriously sunny day of August 16th 1980, and my first ever match at Roker Park.

Music and football emote such powerful and passionate feelings, and that's the track that remind me of that special day.
Tom hark - piranhas, also summer 1980

We Will Rock You at Roker Park
Aye sticks in my mind aswell. Can’t remember if it was that or Zcars in 92)when I first went or what we ended up at roker with at the end. But can still remember we will rock you more clearly

We’re gonna win was always a pre match lifter at the stadium of light by Bryan Adams

Aye sticks in my mind aswell. Can’t remember if it was that or Zcars in 92)when I first went or what we ended up at roker with at the end. But can still remember we will rock you more clearly

We’re gonna win was always a pre match lifter at the stadium of light by Bryan Adams
Think Z Cars came in at a similar time to Reid. 95ish. We will rock you before.

Sidall sidall is mine đź‘Ť

Back