Whats South Hetton like to live in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

a1970man

Striker
Mate is looking at a house there.

He's been working away for a while and has noticed a few houses for sale in South Hetton, but he's asked me what it's like. But I don't think I've ever been!

Any residents on here?

Whats good? Whats bad? Dodgy streets? Good bad areas?

Ta

I lived there for a few years a few years ago, at the moment there is nothing there at all apart from a couple of corner shops and fish shops even the only pub closed down, there is still a very small sports club still open though if he fancies a pint. The people are laid back, really canny and friendly. BUT and its a very big BUT there is a major development currently being built there with a cinema, ice rink, curling etc.

I lived there for a few years a few years ago, at the moment there is nothing there at all apart from a couple of corner shops and fish shops even the only pub closed down, there is still a very small sports club still open though if he fancies a pint. The people are laid back, really canny and friendly. BUT and its a very big BUT there is a major development currently being built there with a cinema, ice rink, curling etc.

I grew up in Hetton n driving through tend to think South Hettons vetting better but would still choose Hetton better shols n new development houses !

On about developments whats that you've mentioned n wheres it planned for ?

I grew up in Hetton n driving through tend to think South Hettons vetting better but would still choose Hetton better shols n new development houses !

On about developments whats that you've mentioned n wheres it planned for ?
All I know its a massive complex being built (at the top towards easington village) where that tea shop/garden centre is and it will have a Cinema/Ice rink etc and there will also be Curling. I cant find any info anywhere its just what I was told and its been confirmed and currently being built I drove past it last week.

I grew up in Hetton aswell, how old are you? I'm 41.

All I know its a massive complex being built (at the top towards easington village) where that tea shop/garden centre is and it will have a Cinema/Ice rink etc and there will also be Curling. I cant find any info anywhere its just what I was told and its been confirmed and currently being built I drove past it last week.

I thought the Plant's R Ross site was going to be a glorified garden centre / shopping village, wasn't aware of any plans for a cinema or ice rink.
Do you have any additional information

I was once told its like Beamish but with the poverty...

I've never been, to either Beamish or South Hetton.

I grew up in Hetton aswell, how old are you? I'm 41.

Bit older than you Marra. I was born in Murton and used to go to Helton a lot. Loved the place, particularly the Club and the characters that used to get in it. Live away now but get back and drive through Hetton sometimes. Sorry place now like. Just like Murton. If Murton didn’t have Dalton Park on the door step it would be a ghost town imo apart from easy access to the A19.

Last edited:
I was just worried it was some back of beyond pit village where it's locals only.
Its brightening up these days with all the new builds and that new complex. Easington Lane down the road is a no-go area unless your from there but the Laners never bother anyone in South Hetton, they tend to go the other way into Hetton.

Link to story in Sunderland echo about garden centre, no mention of cinema or ice rink

Ambitious garden centre plans set to grow 300 jobs at dazzling business

Think someone may have been a little optimistic when passing on information to op
That article was written june 2017 - I know someone who works on the local council and he definately said what is being built now is a cinema and ice rink and more, he said there will definately be Curling on the ice rink.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bit older than you Marra. I was born in Murton and used to go to Helton a lot. Loved the place, particularly the Club and the characters that used to get in it. Live away now but get back and drive through Hetton sometimes. Sorry place now like. Just like Murton. If Murton didn’t have Dalton Park on the door step it would be a ghost town imo apart from easy access to the A19.
Although they help each other ,Dp isn't why Murton is going strong.More new houses than old these days and i wouldn't put that down to an outlet shopping centre .We were all there before the cinema etc as well .The new garage is non stop busy .The rise of Seaham as an area has helped.New nice affordable homes in a good location .South hetton could be the same if the houses go up ,although location doesn't have as many ticks .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back