what youtube channels do you follow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilSAFC

Striker
for your diet/fitness/body-building entertainment/tutorials.

I follow twinmuscleworkout and PhysiquesOfGreatness, both really funny and have some good advice and info to offer.

hopefully this wont get moved to the youtube forum as that would make it totally pointless.

Matt Ogus @ /Flexforall2, Ian McCarthy @ /liftingforlife & Layne Norton @ /biolayne.

Twinmuscleworkout are a pair of f***ing retards.

Matt Ogus @ /Flexforall2 & Ian McCarthy @ /liftingforlife.

Twinmuscleworkout are a pair of f***ing retards.

they are hilarious man:lol:

Ive watched ian mccarthys stuff but he does an awful lot of waffling about macros and not much else. doesnt seem to have applied it to himself either. I prefer to watch guys who have actually been to the gym and achieved some goals.

i'll check out that other channel you mentioned though.

edit: seen that matt guy before, hes f***ing insane :lol:

Last edited:
they are hilarious man:lol:

Ive watched ian mccarthys stuff but he does an awful lot of waffling about macros and not much else. doesnt seem to have applied it to himself either. I prefer to watch guys who have actually been to the gym and achieved some goals.

i'll check out that other channel you mentioned though.

Ian McCarthy started lifting at 105lbs in January 2008 and is a former anorexic, he's now over 200lbs. I think it's fair to say he's applied it.

They may be 'hilarious' but they offer awful and at times dangerous advice.

Ian McCarthy started lifting at 105lbs in January 2008 and is a former anorexic, he's now over 200lbs. I think it's fair to say he's applied it.

They may be 'hilarious' but they offer awful and at times dangerous advice.

re ian mccarthy, didnt know that but ive never seen him post a workout vid or see any transformation vids.

re twinmuscle, dangerous info? such as what? never seen them say anything which wasnt common sense really.

re ian mccarthy, didnt know that but ive never seen him post a workout vid or see any transformation vids.

re twinmuscle, dangerous info? such as what? never seen them say anything which wasnt common sense really.

Ian's got loads of training videos on his channel, a lot of them are from last year like.

PRIOR to his bout of anorexia:

Logon or register to see this image

More recently:

Regarding dangerous advice they've given, they made a video regarding macronutrient breakdown and advised people to take I think it was around 10% of their daily calories from fats. So for somebody on a 2500 calorie diet, that's around 28 grams of fat. Alan Aragon even felt the need to 'aware' them and they got so upset and released that what they said was just so ridiculous, false and dangerous that they blocked Alan and deleted their own video.

Edit: Picture embed fail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding dangerous advice they've given, they made a video regarding macronutrient breakdown and advised people to take I think it was around 10% of their daily calories from fats. So for somebody on a 2500 calorie diet, that's around 28 grams of fat. Alan Aragon even felt the need to 'aware' them and they got so upset and released that what they said was just so ridiculous, false and dangerous that they blocked Alan and deleted their own video.

Edit: Picture embed fail.

pretty sure they posted a vid talking about that and they admitted they had worded it wrong and that wasnt what they intended to say. not exactly massively dangerous though making 1 nutritional mistake in 1000 videos.

pretty sure they posted a vid talking about that and they admitted they had worded it wrong and that wasnt what they intended to say. not exactly massively dangerous though making 1 nutritional mistake in 1000 videos.

It's not just one nutritional mistake at all. It's also shit like "HEY, YOU CAN'T EAT POP TARTS AND LOSE WEIGHT IF THEY FIT IN YOUR MACROS...Just have a full cheat day instead" There is a ton of bullshit that they come out with, but teenagers find them 'cool'.

One trend I've noticed with them is it seems to be like "If it doesn't work for us, it's bullshit/overrated" like when they where talking about Beta-Alanine "I don't care what any of the f***ing research says, it does nothing for me, it's a scam" :oops::oops:

It's not just one nutritional mistake at all. It's also shit like "HEY, YOU CAN'T EAT POP TARTS AND LOSE WEIGHT IF THEY FIT IN YOUR MACROS...Just have a full cheat day instead" There is a ton of bullshit that they come out with, but teenagers find them 'cool'.

um ok. first of all im not a teenager and im a bit perplexed as to why you are getting so agitated on this subject (unless you are ian mccarthy). they have never said you cant eat pop tarts they just recommend that you eat a healthy alternative instead. as far as cheat days go, yeah they advocate them but thats because they are normal guys looking to build a nice physique, they arent looking to be professional body builders or let it completely take over there lives.

secondly most of the body building community on youtube seems to side with them in over lifting for life and that includes a lot of channels with professionals and semi professionals. I notice ian has had to disable the rating system on all his videos, I presume thats because all his vids get disliked. he also vets his comments so surprise surprise any conflicting comments to his advice dont appear in his comments section. Ive posted genuine questions to him regarding his vids before and they dont appear, probably because he doesnt have the answers.

at the end of the day twinmuscle workout are 2 normal guys who go to the gym and talk about their experiences. they have the physiques to back up their chat as well something that ian doesnt, despite the pic you posted with his face covered:roll:

um ok. first of all im not a teenager and im a bit perplexed as to why you are getting so agitated on this subject (unless you are ian mccarthy). they have never said you cant eat pop tarts they just recommend that you eat a healthy alternative instead. as far as cheat days go, yeah they advocate them but thats because they are normal guys looking to build a nice physique, they arent looking to be professional body builders or let it completely take over there lives.

secondly most of the body building community on youtube seems to side with them in over lifting for life and that includes a lot of channels with professionals and semi professionals. I notice ian has had to disable the rating system on all his videos, I presume thats because all his vids get disliked. he also vets his comments so surprise surprise any conflicting comments to his advice dont appear in his comments section. Ive posted genuine questions to him regarding his vids before and they dont appear, probably because he doesnt have the answers.

at the end of the day twinmuscle workout are 2 normal guys who go to the gym and talk about their experiences. they have the physiques to back up their chat as well something that ian doesnt, despite the pic you posted with his face covered:roll:

They have, plenty of times. If the advice that they are giving applies to those who are just trying to build a nice physique, then surely there's nothing wrong with people eating pop-tarts...

I think you'll find a lot of the bodybuilding community think that they are idiots. Ian has talked about why he disabled comments and ratings and it's because no matter what content he puts out, he gets massively trolled by thousands of 'TMW' trolls. Some of them actually dedicate all day to trolling him through comments, so that's probably why he doesn't get around to answering your question. Try going to the NoBullshitBodybuilding facebook page and asking there.

Are you trying to imply that it's not him? Ok then:

There is a reason why people like Alan Aragon, one of the most respected men by the current bodybuilding community spends posting on the NBB page and even made an interesting in-depth video with Ian.

First video I've just watched after searching for 'TMW Nutrition' within a minute and a half they say: "You saying carbs don't make you fat...YOU ON CRACK COCAINE MANNN! I'm telling ya'll right now, fatty foods, that's a myth, that don't make you fat, what actually makes you fat is how much carbs you eat each day" :lol::roll:

canny bee in your bonnet over this one like:oops:

as far as that pic goes :lol: yet again its tiny, and no you cant tell its him and even if you could what am I looking at? a guy with fat arms.

canny bee in your bonnet over this one like:oops:

as far as that pic goes :lol: yet again its tiny, and no you cant tell its him and even if you could what am I looking at? a guy with fat arms.

Go to the NoBullshitBodybuilding page if you're that bothered, it has the picture in normal size.

'Bee in my bonnet'? I'm just simply giving a response to a long message.

I think the Hodge Twins are funny and I'm not that stupid that I'd take their word as gospel :roll:

A lot of people do though, considering their subscriber base is largely young teenagers looking to get involved in recreational bodybuilding. I was simply pointing out that their videos contain a lot of misinformation.

jubblies said:
I think the Hodge Twins are funny and I'm not that stupid that I'd take their word as gospel :roll:

Neither do I but I disagree with the 'dangerous' comment. That's just not true.

The only youtube I've ever really looked at was Rob Riches abs workouts, going to start using it as more of a training guide now I've realised there's so many building channels though. Will look through a lot of these recommendations to find some aiming for the same goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back