What would’ve cost more money?

Why would players be pissed off by what Moore would be on?
Short answer: Have you seen Ian Harte :lol:

Long answer: They might not be, it's all just speculation (like the OP and most of the negative threads on here). But if say you're Jack Clarke you've been told you're the top earner on £15k p/w (complete punt).This is the budget etc etc and then we bring in Moore who we're paying £30k p/w. Every chance other players in the squad will then start to question their own salaries, or at the very least their agents will.

Short answer: Have you seen Ian Harte :lol:

Long answer: They might not be, it's all just speculation (like the OP and most of the negative threads on here). But if say you're Jack Clarke you've been told you're the top earner on £15k p/w (complete punt).This is the budget etc etc and then we bring in Moore who we're paying £30k p/w. Every chance other players in the squad will then start to question their own salaries, or at the very least their agents will.
So I take it all the Ipswich players will be pissed off and knocking on the owners door then?🤔

Can’t imagine MB would have us playing to Moore’s strengths so not sure if he’d been worth it. But wages for Kieffer Moore and Yann MVilla, and MB told to fit them into his squad and tactics? Cheaper and a half decent likelihood of doing better than we have been lately.

So I take it all the Ipswich players will be pissed off and knocking on the owners door then?🤔
Breaking your wage structure and staying within your FFP limits are two different things. Folks on here think it’s the same thing. It isn’t.

He won’t be getting a full payout, it is normally a year at maximum and various other break clauses baked in.

That’s also on the assumption that the only cost involved in the moore deal is taking his wages on, no agents fees, loan fees, bonuses etc

Maybe Beale with his confidence and bravado would have agreed to insert a 3 month trial period clause?
Speakman:"Are you confident you can make us play like Brazil, Michael" ...... "will you leave if you turn us into shite and everyone hates you"
Beale: "I'm the best thing since sliced bread, we'll be brilliant, look at my training videos" 😎

Back