What sleep will you be surviving on during the ashes

In 2007, when Harmison bowled first ball to Flintoff at slip, I was building my house here in Spain.
We live in the country.

To stay awake during the luncheon interval, I went outside and started moving sand down the drive in a barra for 40 minutes.

Obviously, I worked less during the day, so this was a win-win (apart from the cricket).
Did the same at tea.

Depends on the start time, had to watch the start last night - was up till 1.30, then woke at 6.30 for last bit of play. tonight will probably goto bed early and get up at 5.30ish, dont really need to get up till 8 for work, so can get an hour after play has finished (if on time)

2nd Test is a 4am start uk time, so will get up for 2nd session and watch till close of play (taken the Monday off work, so will watch all day of Monday).

3rd test is a 2.30am start, will probably get up to about 6am, means i'll see last hour of 2nd session, and all last session

4th test is boxing day test (xmas night start 23.30) but at sheff utd next morning, so will need plenty sleep. probably not see much of the first couple days, but with being off work i'll just stay up as long as i can for the rest.

5th test, another 23.30 start, will end up watching first hour, then up for last hour at 5.30ish, then i can go back to sleep until i get up for work

Depends on the start time, had to watch the start last night - was up till 1.30, then woke at 6.30 for last bit of play. tonight will probably goto bed early and get up at 5.30ish, dont really need to get up till 8 for work, so can get an hour after play has finished (if on time)

2nd Test is a 4am start uk time, so will get up for 2nd session and watch till close of play (taken the Monday off work, so will watch all day of Monday).

3rd test is a 2.30am start, will probably get up to about 6am, means i'll see last hour of 2nd session, and all last session

4th test is boxing day test (xmas night start 23.30) but at sheff utd next morning, so will need plenty sleep. probably not see much of the first couple days, but with being off work i'll just stay up as long as i can for the rest.

5th test, another 23.30 start, will end up watching first hour, then up for last hour at 5.30ish, then i can go back to sleep until i get up for work

Good post will plan my life around this

I was fucked today like. Watching most of the action took its toll, so I'm going to try and have a doze on the couch shortly for an hour or so and maybe try to brace the first session.

I pretty much watched every ball back in 2010/11, but I was much more youthful then :lol:

I was fucked today like. Watching most of the action took its toll, so I'm going to try and have a doze on the couch shortly for an hour or so and maybe try to brace the first session.

I pretty much watched every ball back in 2010/11, but I was much more youthful then :lol:

Just as well you have an easy job. ( jobs )

Usually watch the first session and last hour of the day, but work is so manic at the mo I limited myself to the first half an hour last night. Probs won't watch tonight then try and catch some Fri&Sat

Last edited:
Managed til about 1:45 last night. Up at 5:30 for work.

Probably be similar tonight, kip when I get in tomorrow and try and do the whole of day 3 and completely fuck up my sleeping pattern.

Back