what is your main motivation to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well, unless you're @greedminds and you don't need to work and you can be self sufficient or kept by your really rich celebrity mates then I would guess that everybody's main motivation to work would be for money.

Ah yes,the old "I'm retiring when I'm 55" pipe dream .

The little fish hear the big fish spout this utter rubbish and try and impress everyone with the idea.

Money for myself obviously ,
Finding a wage for my lads,
Maintaining my reputation,
A massive fear of not letting anyone down is probs my biggest motivation.
If I make it to 55 with my present company there is no reason why I couldn't. Been there 20 years so far, contributing to a good pension, another 17 years of that and I'll be happy as fuck. That'll be 37/60ths (minus 20% for retiring early) of a decent pension and a pay out when I go. Make it to 58 and I'll retire on the full amount.

I used to like doing things to help society, that was my main motivation.
Money was nice when it finally happened, but then I also realised that to get decent money you have to turn into a curnt.

Money is the reason I have any job. For the particular job I do, I probably pick the order:
1) What I actually do, it has to be mentally stimulating. I'm not spending 200+ days a year doing something I hate
2) Work life balance, i.e. time away from home, travel to work, holidays etc
3) Pay & pension
4) Future prospects
5) General environment, nice place to work, facilities etc

So at the moment, I enjoy what I do, it tasks me mentally, it is 15 minutes from home, with more than average days holiday and I get to play football two dinner times per week or go to our on-site gym. We have a few bars and a shop too. If someone offered me more money, but I would spend a lot less time at home and no football, then it would have to be a lot of money to trump those.

Money as it's essential.
My particular job means I meet new people almost daily (sales) which I like as an office job would kill me
Bit of responsibility as I run the UK for this company
Travel, mainly to Scandinavia and the whole UK is my 'patch'
Time away from the house/family/dishes/etc

Money as it's essential.
My particular job means I meet new people almost daily (sales) which I like as an office job would kill me
Bit of responsibility as I run the UK for this company
Travel, mainly to Scandinavia and the whole UK is my 'patch'
Time away from the house/family/dishes/etc

Give over ;)

You've got at least a 5-6-7-8 figure bank balance.

Me bert

I've got 1208 days left to earn enough for the last 2 meters and I'm dern

I'm just in it for the fanny.

But money. I have next to zero job satisfaction at the moment. Dislike the travel and the culture.

But I'm shackled to an extent. Partly by my own psychology of feeling comfortable and realising the grass might not be greener. And partly by the loss of financial things like LTIPs if I moved.

I started putting in place a buy to let recently and a home business on the side so I'm hoping if they take off I can get a sustainable income from them long term

Ah right, I like your thinking. I want to go part time, close to home, once the wife starts/finishes uni and gets a decent job. I'll quite happily potter on until retirement once she's brining in a half decent wage.

What the fuck? How much younger is your wife if your thinking about winding down to retirement and she's yet to start uni. Dirty bassa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back