What is the point in Sunderland AFC?

It's a question that inevitably only comes up during hard times. Though, it's one that 99% of clubs could and should be asking themselves.

It's going to come to a point where clubs radically change their way of thinking on what's considered 'achieving'. You'll see a time where a focus on regional talent and the club acting for the greater good of the community and area being the major focus, over trophies. Things like the top half of the Premier League being a closed shop and the inevitable European Super League will only speed this up.

More of a non-league mindset but within the football league.

Wedged in on the metro to newcastle as I type, then train back to york, we lost, we were shit, but I love this club and wouldn't wanna be anywhere else

Ok I'll bite, we don't have a choice Sunderland born and bred, could be worse you could be a scab and glory support some other team that wins stuff, then change every 10 years .

Absolute dog shite football and always an absolute failure of a club :(
Great question. I’m 60 years of age and being born in Sunderland have supported the club for as long as I can remember. I see it as a lifetime curse that my dad wished upon me when I was born. My two sons were born in Buckinghamshire and Sydney but that didn’t stop me passing on the curse. You cannot dodge it, it’s for life. But every now and again (Wycombe at Wembley) it all becomes worth worthwhile . For those few happy occasions we keep the faith. FTM

I don't really bother with footy, however I went to Middlesbrough today to see them get their arses remapped by Plymouth.

Utter rubbish.

Boro are hopeless

Back