What is it that makes us so consistently shit ?

Other than a few Reid seasons I can't remember any times we weren't let downs like we are now. We have good support, have good owners and have had good managers and players in the past.

Really thought this season would be where we turned the corner :cry:
So we are crap at the moment despite always being good
Hardly consistent
Sound like the bloke I knew who always changed jobs because of this and that
He was the common denominator

Other than a few Reid seasons I can't remember any times we weren't let downs like we are now. We have good support, have good owners and have had good managers and players in the past.

We'd turned the corner with big Sam, then England stole him and David Moyes crawled into the club like a pitiful wretch and ruined us.....an horrific decline :cry:.

I never realised getting to cup final and losing 3 league games out of 43 made a team shit. You live and learn.

PS - Three games left and we could still win the league as well, but we are 'shit'.

Last edited:
I think style of play / identity has been lost somehow. Dont get me wrong you must move with the times but you just need to look at when Gus tried to play more football. Folk would be shouting ‘haway play it forward man!’ yet no pass was on. Then you had folk whinging when Allardyce brought his style.

Not exactly sure what Im trying to say now man - maybe someone else does! ha I’ll get my coat....

Despite the fact we struggled like hell for most of our time in the Prem, we were in the top 20 clubs in the country for 10 years. You have to spend a fortune just to stand still in that division and very few clubs can afford it. Would being third, several seasons off the belt, in the Championship (and failing in the play-offs) be seen as better(*)? I don't think so.

(*) Yes, I know we would crave for that right now but we would not have done so when still in the Prem.

Yes, we've had a very rough ride in the last couple of seasons but we have no god-given right to have success given to us on a plate. We started this season on a massive low, not just the hangover from last season but we started poorly. We turned that around and we've since faltered a couple of times but we're still in with a good shout.

Wring your panties out and try to be a bit more circumspect. A lot of clubs would love to swap places with us, even in this shitty division.

Some of our fans and the owner have not had the balls to stick with a manager give him time to do a job
You correctly highlighted we have had some good managers but 10 months if that is the longest we have given our last god knows how many managers is an absolute joke .
Unfortunately we have been run by a weak useless owner Short who has knee jerked and sacked good managers when some of the fans have turned rather than just stick with him got to give a manager a couple of years to try and build a squad so regardless what happens this season JR must stay and be givin the chance next season IMHO

I don't feel let down at all at the moment. I feel like even if we do not go up this season, with owners we now have, the connection to the fans again, the community feel and spirit, we are perhaps now getting our club back. It could actually end up going beyond all of those times you mentioned.

It certainly feels closest to the Reid and Keane/Quinn days as I can ever remember in my 30 odd years.

Good support, good owners, awful managers (except from Reid and Keano)
Add Big Sam to that, too, for me mate. It didn't change overnight, but we looked really composed when it did:cool: Edit! On the whole I've enjoyed his season too, tho!

I don't feel let down at all at the moment. I feel like even if we do not go up this season, with owners we now have, the connection to the fans again, the community feel and spirit, we are perhaps now getting our club back. It could actually end up going beyond all of those times you mentioned.

It certainly feels closest to the Reid and Keane/Quinn days as I can ever remember in my 30 odd years.
I totally agree with your sentiment mate, but unfortunately Stew and Charlie have got nowhere near the funds required to make us successful. This is no slur at all on them. I feel that they have given us some pride back, at least and have engaged he club with the fans again (mind you, looking at this board, you do wonder sometime) ;)

Last edited:
I totally agree with your sentiment mate, but unfortunately Stew and Charlie have got nowhere near the funds required to make us successful. This is no slur at all on them. I feel that they have given us some pride back, at least and have engaged he club with the fans again (mind you, looking at this board, you do wonder sometime) ;)

Well time will tell on that one. I know the game is very much about money these days, but lets not underestimate the momentum of a sensibly run and supported club. There are teams who are managing to punch well above their weight. SD is very open that he will seek investment if we need it. Lets see what happens.

We’ve turned a massive corner, if you can’t see that you’re either blind or stupid. Hope your sheets washed and dried ok.

A number of reasons, including being in the Northeast, not investing enough in local talent, low expectations of managers and players. Acceptance of poor players, signing poor players just because they'll live in the area and a lack of investment in a solid scouting system.

Back