What do your kids do.....

..... to keep themselves entertained at home?

Both of mine were huffing and puffing and complaining they were bored last night. After a multitude of suggestions (none of which were appropriate, of course), thought I'd ask you lovely lot for some ideas instead.

12 and 14. Both boys.
They do a lot of sport - particularly cricket and football.
They walk the dog with me lots too. I'm currently in training for a long fund-raising walk across the country.

I wish they would spend less time on their Play Stations and a bit more time reading. I hope they'll start to read for pleasure again when they're just a little older.

12 and 14. Both boys.
They do a lot of sport - particularly cricket and football.
They walk the dog with me lots too. I'm currently in training for a long fund-raising walk across the country.

I wish they would spend less time on their Play Stations and a bit more time reading. I hope they'll start to read for pleasure again when they're just a little older.

Good of you to get them humble brag in about your charity walk mind

Good of you to get them humble brag in about your charity walk mind

Afternoon Stalker. Hope your week is going OK. Thanks for checking in.

How is that a brag? It adds context to why I am out walking all the time. I'm proud to be fund-raising. What are you doing for others apart from stalking selected posters and posting negative comments? :)

Oldest lad 18 plays on PC/PS5, goes for food with his mates, plays basketball, gym, camping trips. Studies A Levels, Loves Photography. He is no bother and I’m so proud of him.

Youngest is 5, likes to collect treasure which is normally elastic bands, dried up dog poo which he thinks is rocks.

Loves reading, drawing, playing out in the mud, going to the beach, Lego, Duplo and his teddies. He can be hard work but it’s such a lovely age and I try to enjoy every minute.

The girls read a lot or do puzzles and stuff, watch the odd tv series and design tattoos as the oldest is a tattooist , or bake cakes and make a right f***ing mess. The boy will join them occasionally but he can be usually found with his hornby trains or playing train sim 4 on his pc, I’m sure he actually thinks he’s a steam train, he’s obsessed.

I’d love to have had the stuff to entertain us like they do now compared to when I was a kid, imagine having yt etc as kids back in the day man!

Afternoon Stalker. Hope your week is going OK. Thanks for checking in.

How is that a brag? It adds context to why I am out walking all the time. I'm proud to be fund-raising. What are you doing for others apart from stalking selected posters and posting negative comments? :)
He’s running a charity for referees who have had their feelings hurt from posts on the smb

Comes flying in from school telling me I'll never believe the drama, and recounts the gossip of the day. Flits between TikTok, Snapchat and Youtube. Likes watch parties where they all watch something on Netflix while in a group video call on Whatsapp. Ditto all playing an online game like Roblox or Fortnite. Faffs about with her eyebrows and stuff like that. Also collects crockery in her bedroom.

Goes hiking on weekends and school holidays. They take off with rucksacks, packed lunch and the dog up somewhere like Beamish woods and return later, usually wet and filthy.

Back