What do you do at gigs?

OOOSH YEAH

Striker
Do you jump about like an idiot, just stand watching or dance etc.

I just stand watching and having a drink me like. Also can never understand going to gigs and not boozing. Nee point really.

I used to love being in amongst it in the mosh pit etc at the front, but as I’ve got older I hate the thought of leaving a gig drenched in someone else’s sweat and stale beer so I generally mill about at the back (small gigs) or middle of the crowd (big gigs) and moan at people who try to have a conversation over the music.

Stand with a beer just out of the way of all the hustle and bustle. Not too far away that I don’t feel part of it but not close enough that people are jumping into me and spilling said beer all owa.
Pretty much this

Last edited:
If there is a seating area, I will always sit now, gone are the days are standing for me, never mind the mosh pit. It can get a bit lively in the seated area as well

I just stand watching and having a drink me like. Also can never understand going to gigs and not boozing. Nee point really.

Drink, Drugs.... knock out some shapes and have a laugh with me pals..what else would ya be doing ya f***ing goat

anyone who stands recording with their phone IS A f***ing MAGGOT

Stand about a third way to the front, off to the side, drink in hand, foot tapping away.

Stand in the seats if its a bigger gig and with the missus.

Stand with a beer just out of the way of all the hustle and bustle. Not too far away that I don’t feel part of it but not close enough that people are jumping into me and spilling said beer all owa.

Pretty much this.

This is me like. Most of the venues I go to you’re at the front even if you’re at the back anyway.

I’ve had to do a few gigs over the years sober / driving due to bad planning. Never look forward to it, but glad I went. PiL especially was a very good listen. However, there’s a very specific art to having enough to drink to enjoy it & being too pissed & forgetting stuff. Also helps if the day after isn’t a work day so you don’t have to watch what you drink.

Fu

Funnily enough I go just to watch and listen to music.

The idea of missing the show to queue for a drink, shout over the music to buy that drink, fight my way through a crowd trying to avoid spillage, then do it over again not to mention the frequent trips to the loo and depending on the amount you drink, forgetting all about the show cos you're half cut.;):lol:

That's not for me but each to their own.

Fu

Funnily enough I go just to watch and listen to music.

The idea of missing the show to queue for a drink, shout over the music to buy that drink, fight my way through a crowd trying to avoid spillage, then do it over again not to mention the frequent trips to the loo and depending on the amount you drink, forgetting all about the show cos you're half cut.;):lol:

That's not for me but each to their own.
This. I only occasionally have a drink at a gig, and even then it’s only a couple of pints.

I actually enjoy the bands I go and see rather than pretending to like them because it’s cool and having to get half cut to enjoy myself.

People getting in a total state through drink is one of the reasons I don’t bother with stadium gigs these days (the other reasons being extortionate ticket prices and the fact most of the bands/artists I listen to aren’t famous enough to play stadium gigs)

Last edited:

Back