What’s your genuine expectations for next season?

As You Were

Midfield
Under new ownership and a new structure in place do you expect us to win the league? Are sheff wed going to be the team to beat? Would you be happy to take our chances in play offs again? I must admit i think people are getting too excited about the whole director of football structure stuff. I think anything below 2nd is a really poor season for us and have since we were relegated but I just think me need to bring in too many players and i’m not convinced we will get the right players or Johnson is the right man to manage them.

All down to recruitment

Interested to see who our first signing will be
Totally this. Next season could be anything. If the 4 move on we will be 14 players short from last season and with Willis out long term we must get recruitment right.

Time for actions not words now. Weve been told about this identity, structure, recruitment model, Academy at the heart of the recovery. I want to see it on action and not just here of it.

Wheres these new signings? Other teams are starting to get players over the line.

Far too early to know. We've got half a squad but don’t know what we’ll be up against. Sheff Wee are a massive name, but if they lose loads of players & sign shite, they’ll not be the team to beat.

Loads of exciting rumours about big names coming to the club. Deals fall through and we end up signing random bench warmers from lower league clubs and abroad that we are assured are the next best thing. People find exciting clips of them on YouTube and we feel excited. Season starts mediocre but we're urged to give the team we've cobbled together time to gel. After many changes, we still can't work out our best starting XI. Season has highs where we win comfortably and think we've cracked it, then it all falls apart a couple of games later. Just miss out on promotion and we end up scrapping it out in the playoffs again.

As with every season in this division, not finishing 1st is a failure. Personally I think we will end up in the playoffs again unfortunately, Johnson's record suggests we're going to have at least one bad run, probably more than one, and it's hard to win the league if you're doing a couple of 8-10 game stretches where you can't buy a win.

Back