Westworld - Season 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bloated, partly nonsensical, overly layered disappointment.
There's some good stuff in there, but aye, far too much waffle and filler. Quite ridiculous how episodes 8 and 9 are just mostly filler. It meant waiting 3 weeks between episode 7 and 10 for any meaningful plot progression.

I totally lost interest during Season 2. The writers were making it up as they went along. There was no sense of a coherent underlying story.

There was no need for constant plot twists. Season 1 set things up nicely, Season 2 should have allowed the characters to drive the narrative. Instead, the many contrivances turned it into a bit of a mess. Won't be watching again.

Have just watched the final episode.

Like all of these series, the desire to keep it going (money) overtakes what was previously a good idea /concept, albeit reinvented one in this case.

Basic concept of robots going wrong has been completely lost in complete nonsensical overcomplicated tosh. I don't want shallow Universal Soldier shallowness, but for god's sake, that became totally garbage.

I'm not a stupid person by any means but I just can't be bothered with it anymore. They can shove a 3rd series for me.

Me and the mrs finished S2 last night. I think I liked it, but I definitely couldn't explain for sure what was going on this series :lol:

Westworld is like turning on a film you haven't seen halfway through and in that first 5 mins working out what is happening. Except the difference is you have watched it for around 20-25 hours over 2 seasons, and never quite grasp what is actually happening (aside for the end of S1, but then you lose the plot again start of S2)

Have been behind the curve on this series, so avoided this thread for spoilers.

Finally saw the end of season 2 last night, what utter shite. Loved season 1 as some of the best telly I’ve seen - season 2 just ends up its own arse. Really disappointed with what they did there, although there were one of two decent signs on the way the series conclusion was just baffling.

I'm not a stupid person by any means but I just can't be bothered with it anymore.
Exactly!!!

This is fight club all over again for me...

Have been behind the curve on this series, so avoided this thread for spoilers.

Finally saw the end of season 2 last night, what utter shite. Loved season 1 as some of the best telly I’ve seen - season 2 just ends up its own arse. Really disappointed with what they did there, although there were one of two decent signs on the way the series conclusion was just baffling.

Exactly!!!

This is fight club all over again for me...
Fight club was easy compared to this

Well, that was some finale. Not sure where they intend to go with the end credits sequence mind, or where they go from here generally.

It felt like a conclusion to an entire series but we know there's a season 3 coming.

Ever see the modern remake of Battlestar Galactica? Cylons had changed since the 70s series (though there were some references to them) and could now look like humans. Some were cylons that knew they were and were working against the humans from within. Some were cylons who thought they were human but that changes as the story unfolds. You also have humans who are cylon sympathizers*. I get the feeling the next series could go this way. The robots have left the park, entered into human society and can manipulate it from within.

* they took these concepts into an excellent board game, which is not made any more but worth a look out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back