*~*~* West Brom v Sunderland match thread *~*~*

Definitely can’t get relegated, now let’s try and put on a show at home
We will probably put in a performance like the one aganst Blackburn
Good result but poor performance and terrible job by Dodds. Worrying that Speakman wants to keep him at the club, he just doesn’t seem to know what he is supposed to be doing
You have to give Dodds some credit.....when was the last time we didnt concede in 5 out of 6 matches ?.....its just a shame that in doing so we have forgotten how to attack

Last edited:
Ran his arse off. Not sure its entirely fair to ask an 18 year old to play up top on his own, especially as he’s a midfielder

May play every week but personally think he’s been badly managed this year for large parts
jogged his arse off more like. i think clark was doing more work closing their defence down than jobe in the first half, perhaps trying to show him how it's done? he was a different player in the second half mind and was loads better. perhaps he'd had a rocket up his arse?
i like the lad but don't agree with the age thing, if he's good enough to play at this level, he's got to be able to do the job he's been asked to do. at cardiff he was outstanding, showed real pace and worked his nuts off. showed a bit of that second half yesterday. i think he's one of those who just looks languid and lazy-kenwynne jones springs to mind.

anyway, it's nit picking. it was a good all round team performance and a great day out yesterday.

Conceded 5 in one game against a team on another 💩💩💩 run
Yeah i get that and it was dreadful but I really think the most of the players were thinking "job done" after the win at Cardiff had virtually secured our place in the champo for next season. To respond to that result with 4 clean sheets in succession is a credit to not only Dodds ( for his organisation and leadership ) ....he simply could not afford the lads to limp to the season end ) ...but also the players too for giving everything since that debacle. I just hope that having regained that confidence defensively they can find a way to be better again in an attacking sense

Give over man, if we had a striker who could play he wouldn't be up there
Exactly this.

Jobe struggled yesterday, he got nothing off the ref and was bullied. He had a couple of decent touches when he managed to shield the ball.

However, I wouldn't play Burstow again. He's rubbish and not even our player. Hemir or Dack could have been given a few minutes but I doubt either of them would have done much better.

OK - I'm delirious we won't be relegated.

I don't really give a shit about "this place". It's SAFC I'm concerned about. It was a shit game. We played badly. If they hadn't been down to ten men I doubt we'd have won. We look clueless both on and off the bench. Pretending this game is any sort of progress is crazy. WBA were awful, even with ten men, but they still managed 50% possession FFS.

I can only conclude you have spent to much time playing computer football.
From the word ‘pretending’ onwards your comments show a complete lack of understanding of reality.

Reality being how you stop a team leaking goals (see Blackburn), without the ability to score goals (see our only real goal scorer and assist maker being injured for weeks and still not back to form), without both of our only credible Centre half’s and arguably team leaders for times during the bad run, without 3 first choice full backs, without a striker, without experience.

With that shit show the reality is the Coach and his players have stopped the rot, ground out some results, shown the right attitude and hopefully given themselves a foundation to build on.
I’ve been saying for ages we were on our way to the third division and only the end of the season was going to save us.

Well in that respect they have proved me wrong. If this had been BSA it would have been regarded as him being tactically astute given thats how he saved teams from relegation… with clean sheets. Stopping other teams playing, being disciplined and professional. The only stats that matter being goals scored v conceded. That’s where we have got to and they executed it well in last 3 games.

That’s why it’s progress, and the lads on the pitch had a great attitude. We have always said as fans we will support our team if they give 100%(plenty haven’t).

Is it good enough to be where we are? Of course not, but as long as all we have on and off the pitch give everything, we have to live with it.

What KLD needs to do re investment and recruitment is another debate, that’s the part we should not ‘pretend’ is ok

Back