Well done France

Never understood why people get annoyed by backtracking or u turns. Surely it’s a good thing to change minds if you’re on the wrong course.
I’m happy when I have to change my mind about something. Means I’ve learned something new. Surely it’s better than just ploughing on wrongheadedly and refusing to compromise.
I dont get annoyed by back tracking...I enjoy it

Fair play, but the money has to come from somewhere?

If some government employee is getting a raise, then someone (non bureaucratic, non government employee) is getting more of their labor confiscated. Unless they live in the USA, whereupon the wealth just gets pulled out of thin air and the debt saddled to the next few generations, courtesy of short term borrowers.

The UNIVERSAL TRUTH is that wealth must be created before it can be taken.

I'm all for honest pay for good work... but the wealth has to come from somewhere.
The wealth exists, it’s just not distributed fairly.

Never understood why people get annoyed by backtracking or u turns. Surely it’s a good thing to change minds if you’re on the wrong course.
I’m happy when I have to change my mind about something. Means I’ve learned something new. Surely it’s better than just ploughing on wrongheadedly and refusing to compromise.
Aye, do they ever seem to learn from it though?

I’d agree if it was as you say but when it’s due to initial, repeated incompetence (which people call out at the time and not just in retrospect) and/or just being caught out and called out trying to do the wrong thing then it’s different.

Back