Well Done Coventry & Rotheram

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's not how I'd want to win it at all. I'd feel no sense of pride in the slightest. Rotherham in particular took the cowards way out. They were not getting promoted had the season continued.

Serious question - were you around in 1990?

That was a great summer. 18, beating the Mags, A Levels done, Italia 90, and then finding out half way through the World Cup that we had been promoted (and not the Mags). I'd have liked a Wembley win, but in the end, it didn't spoil my enjoyment at all. I certainly wasn't worrying about Newcastle's, or Swindon's, or even Blackburn's feelings. I just got a bit more pissed.

Rotherham lucky as fuck. Coventry easily up, if we were as clear as they are and the season ended up being void we’d be foaming.

Serious question - were you around in 1990?

That was a great summer. 18, beating the Mags, A Levels done, Italia 90, and then finding out half way through the World Cup that we had been promoted (and not the Mags). I'd have liked a Wembley win, but in the end, it didn't spoil my enjoyment at all. I certainly wasn't worrying about Newcastle's, or Swindon's, or even Blackburn's feelings. I just got a bit more pissed.

I was 4 years old. So I can't judge. I can only voice my own opinion.. I'd feel no pride winning it this way.

NO we'd played a full season and a play off. Yes we lost the playoff but against a side who'd had an unfair financial advantage. We in ture SAFC messed that change up through lack of investment.

Wasn't fully aware what went on just being a young nipper. But if we'd played a full season and then the play offs, then there's absolutely no comparison to this season then.. Cheers for clearing it up for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back