Weight loss for 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a self professed fat bastard. This year for the first time I'm going to attempt at losing weight.

I weighed myself yesterday and tipped the scales at 20 clem. Bad craic.

I'm cutting out take aways and sugars to start and am going to join up to the local gym where I'm going to go most days for an hour a day minimum most days.

Anyone else lurking over this forum with this goal in mind.

Been through a dark few months with depression and been comfort eating and not exercising. Haven't been weighed yet, but I'll join in. Need to lose it by July so I don't look wobbly in my bikini on holiday :D

Been through a dark few months with depression and been comfort eating and not exercising. Haven't been weighed yet, but I'll join in. Need to lose it by July so I don't look wobbly in my bikini on holiday :D

Good luck becs, I am thinking about getting one of them fit bits too because I like clarting about with gadgets so if I can see any progress it'll keep me interested hopefully.

Peeps in.

Middle age spread is taking its toll, so I'm weighing myself on Monday for a beginning of the year marker and we shall see what I can do.

Good luck becs, I am thinking about getting one of them fit bits too because I like clarting about with gadgets so if I can see any progress it'll keep me interested hopefully.
Good luck, Slacky! Your post does come across as a typical January 1st NY reaolutioner though - diving in & committing to the gym for an hour (minimum) every day is a very big commitment and with the preparation / journey to the gym you are making a massive change to your life when coupled with the diet you'll be changing too also.

It's great stuff TBH but make sure you have a plan & vision of where you want to be so that your mindset is right. Will be good to see how you get on :)

Good luck, Slacky! Your post does come across as a typical January 1st NY reaolutioner though - diving in & committing to the gym for an hour (minimum) every day is a very big commitment and with the preparation / journey to the gym you are making a massive change to your life when coupled with the diet you'll be changing too also.

It's great stuff TBH but make sure you have a plan & vision of where you want to be so that your mindset is right. Will be good to see how you get on :)

I do realise it does sound like that but I'm giving it a shot anyway. The gym is just up the road from my house, about 10 minutes walk so it's easy enough to get to.

Keep your fingers crossed for me.

For a self professed fat bastard. This year for the first time I'm going to attempt at losing weight.

I weighed myself yesterday and tipped the scales at 20 clem. Bad craic.

I'm cutting out take aways and sugars to start and am going to join up to the local gym where I'm going to go most days for an hour a day minimum most days.

Anyone else lurking over this forum with this goal in mind.

If you can stick to the above then you're sure fire to loss a bit of weight and generally fitten up.

Do the treadmill at the gym, the weight flies off. When I've done my marathons in the past I've been like a stick insect despite eating like a horse and binge drinking.

17 and a half Clem for me today.shocked me to be honest so I'm all aboard this thread as its made me feel like shit since stepping on the scales

Whatever your reasons or goals,good luck to each and every one of you on your mission

I do realise it does sound like that but I'm giving it a shot anyway. The gym is just up the road from my house, about 10 minutes walk so it's easy enough to get to.

Keep your fingers crossed for me.
You should be excited mate. If you put the work in it is physically impossible for you to fail. It's one of the few things in life whereby if you do the hours then you guarantee a positive outcome.
It's as simple as that. ;)

I'm joining slimming world this weekend to get rid of my wobbly bits!! I reckon considering I get out running regularly now, I should make some real progress if I can sort the food side out!

I'm joining slimming world this weekend to get rid of my wobbly bits!! I reckon considering I get out running regularly now, I should make some real progress if I can sort the food side out!

My wife is going to do this because she doesn't want to go to the gym with me. I'm not bothered like because it saves me £25 a month that way.

Ive been looking at it myself but I can work out how you can still eat unlimited carbs and lose weight.

I'd probably be in for this, need to get my motivation back up and the weight down after a rough few months. Got a fitbit flex which I've had a while (may look to upgrade this though), think you can set things up on it like daily/weekly step challenges to get people moving, just need to add folk to do it

I've already got a Garmin watch for running.

I'm going to get weighed and measure my vital statistics with a tape measure tomorrow. I'm going to weigh myself weekly and measure monthly and keep stats in a spreadsheet.

Fitness Blender workouts for me at home, plus swimming and a bit or running. Not necessarily overweight more overfat! Doing the 8 week workout. Posting it here so I will do it!

Starting the new year at 180lbs, certain that'll drop by 4 or 5 lbs this week getting back to normal eating habits and not being on the lash every day. Target is to get back to 154 lbs over the next 4 months where I was 18 months ago. I'm a bit of a yo-yo'er so need to build a sustainable routine that'll last year round.

Signing up for Edinburgh Marathon which is at end of May

Got all of the tools in terms of knowledge around eating habits and what exercises help me shift the gut (mixture of HIIT and living heavy stuff), just need to figure out how best to combine this with marathon training

My wife is going to do this because she doesn't want to go to the gym with me. I'm not bothered like because it saves me £25 a month that way.

Ive been looking at it myself but I can work out how you can still eat unlimited carbs and lose weight.

I've been to join this morning, I am not friends with scales at all now :lol::lol:

First gym session of the year this morn and first proper one in probably a month in a half, quite a shock to the system, scaled in at 16.7 stone :oops: thought it would be a bit more to be fair, always been a big bastard, but a bit annoyed as I had been doing well for most of last year. Ideally want to try drop around 2st 4-6 month from now atleast. Already pre-planning better meals for myself and whatnot.

I will be getting in on this aswell. Haven't weighed myself yet but think I will be hitting about 20 stone. Always been a big lad, however was always fit and muscular rather than fat.

A bad injury and anxiety/depression have led me to pile a couple of stone on meaning I am now fat rather than muscular :lol:. Hoping to lose a couple of stone over the next 12 months.

Struggled with all the symptoms of underactive thyroid over the last year or two, so had a blood test before christmas and just had a letter asking me to come in to the doctors to speak to my GP as soon as possible...hoping they have found something that they can fix so I can get back on track.

Good luck with your weight loss goals everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back