Weight loss 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hard bit will be making sure my change in eating habits are permanent rather than temporary. If it's healthy enough, once the weight has fallen off, maybe a slight increase in intake rather than back to old habits will keep it to an optimum weight. The exercise bit is the easier one. I love walking and pushing myself on the rowing machine! In the summer the beach is canny for a swim too.

pow, I'm back :p

after months of quite frankly horrendous medical nightmares I have decided to jump back on the weight loss wagon, 2lbs heavier than I was on Jan 1st so all to lose now :lol:

Lost 2stone in the last 4 or 5 months now all from knocking the drinking binges on the head. Still eating canny anarl 2500-3000 calories a day. Makes me realise the solid 2 year i spent in training was massively hindered by drink like. If only i hadnt of been drinking loads my progress wouldve been significantly better.

Not training at the minute and havent stepped foot in a gym for probably 6 months now. Waiting to lose another half a stone - stone or so then get back into it.

Weighing 16 4lbs right now.

Start of the year I was touching 18 clem.down to 15.7. Hardest part was the first few days getting the body used to a new way of thinking.enjoying getting back to the gym regularly and feel gutted if I can't get there for some reason or another.
Keep plugging away folks it's a marathon not a sprint!!

Undone all my hardwork over the last couple of weeks. Takes me 4 months to lose a stone and 2 weeks to put it back on. :(

I'm gradually seeing some progress after getting over a bad start to the year with injuries. In April I was 86.8kg, my last weigh in was 82.8kg and my target is 80kg. While that sounds good, that is me back to my normal pre-christmas weight when I was doing a lot of exercise. I think the next 3 is going to be very difficult. I have started with the exercise again but also cut out all snacking (except for fruit) and a total ban on chocolate, cake and biscuits. Only 1 pint of beer per week after my Wednesday night football. If I have two more weigh-ins a few days apart where I read under 83Kg then I can have half the easter egg I got. The other half comes at under 81kg.

I did my first outdoor run in over a year and a half on Sunday. 3 miles, did the first two miles too fast and had to have a 1 minute walking spell during the last uphill mile. I will give that another go tonight and have set a target where I will not stop running before I reach it. If I can pace myself better I should make it round. 2 years ago, I promised myself that every 5 year milestone birthday I will do a 5 mile run, just to make sure my fitness is in some sort of check. I've got 6 weeks to get there so it should be enough.

Undone all my hardwork over the last couple of weeks. Takes me 4 months to lose a stone and 2 weeks to put it back on. :(

I read a while ago about the notion of your body having its 'natural weight' and that it will try to return to that weight when it can. It comes from being a hunter gatherer where our bodies had to cope with a lack of available food and then a short glut. Apparently long term weight loss is about keeping your body at one weight, basically until you teach it that it is your new weight. It was just a theory but it kind of makes sense to me.

Last edited:
I'm gradually seeing some progress after getting over a bad start to the year with injuries. In April I was 86.8kg, my last weigh in was 82.8kg and my target is 80kg. While that sounds good, that is me back to my normal pre-christmas weight when I was doing a lot of exercise. I think the next 3 is going to be very difficult. I have started with the exercise again but also cut out all snacking (except for fruit) and a total ban on chocolate, cake and biscuits. Only 1 pint of beer per week after my Wednesday night football. If I have two more weigh-ins a few days apart where I read under 83Kg then I can have half the easter egg I got. The other half comes at under 81kg.

I did my first outdoor run in over a year and a half on Sunday. 3 miles, did the first two miles too fast and had to have a 1 minute walking spell during the last uphill mile. I will give that another go tonight and have set a target where I will not stop running before I reach it. If I can pace myself better I should make it round. 2 years ago, I promised myself that every 5 year milestone birthday I will do a 5 mile run, just to make sure my fitness is in some sort of check. I've got 6 weeks to get there so it should be enough.

I read a while ago about the notion of your body having its 'natural weight' and that it will try to return to that weight when it can. It comes from being a hunter gatherer where our bodies had to cope with a lack of available food and then a short glut. Apparently long term weight loss is about keeping your body at one weight, basically until you teach it that it is your new weight. It was just a theory but it kind of makes sense to me.
Yeah sounds about right. I have been off work which hasn't helped. My fitbit reckons I burn 600-700 less calories a day when I am off and I do tend to eat more then aswell.

So I'm currently 11st5 and have been around that for a year or so. I'm trying to cut down to 11st (I know it doesn't seem much) but it's frustrating as fuck trying to get there because it's just fat I'm trying to lose. Has anyone done a vegetarian keto diet before?

1st 9lb gone now so 5lb from my previous post.

Around 2 months it's taken me.

Aiming to lose around 2/3lb a week.

Can definitely feel it and starting to see the difference, been getting compliments for weeks but I've never been one to notice any changes, till now.

So I'm currently 11st5 and have been around that for a year or so. I'm trying to cut down to 11st (I know it doesn't seem much) but it's frustrating as fuck trying to get there because it's just fat I'm trying to lose. Has anyone done a vegetarian keto diet before?
What height are you? Just being nosey like

Ill enter.

1st 4lb loss so far in 2017. Only started 5 weeks ago though!
1st 9lb gone now so 5lb from my previous post.

Around 2 months it's taken me.

Aiming to lose around 2/3lb a week.

Can definitely feel it and starting to see the difference, been getting compliments for weeks but I've never been one to notice any changes, till now.
Well done. I have lost around 10 lbs but stalled over the last month. Hoping a period off the booze will sort me out.

Eat less move more. It really is that simple.

I have cut out unhealthy snacks, crisps cakes etc, and only eat 3 meals a day. With the odd healthy snack during the day. I do have a treat night with a takeaway with the family. And the odd indulgent meal, but it's the exception.

I also have a newborn and an older child. Finding 40 mins 2 x a week did seem hard at first, but if you can sit on your arse and watch telly you can be out running.

Drink is out the window during the week, and substantially cut on a weekend.

It's hard but the only way it happens.
Couldnt agree more with this.

Also, I recently got Stallone's book, "Sly Moves" recommend it to anyone who wants to be fit, healthy and learn about food. Coming from a bloke who has a six pack at 70 uts hard to not take on board what he says. He tells some great stories about his Rocky days too.

Couldnt agree more with this.

Also, I recently got Stallone's book, "Sly Moves" recommend it to anyone who wants to be fit, healthy and learn about food. Coming from a bloke who has a six pack at 70 uts hard to not take on board what he says. He tells some great stories about his Rocky days too.
To be a true reflection there would have to be a pretty hefty chapter on steroid use then

Got weighed 3 weeks ago, shocked to find I was just over 14 and a half stone. I'm 6 foot and was just over 13 stone when I met the good lady 5 years ago.

Packed in the biscuits, chocolate, take aways and beer bar the odd small lapse / treat. Salad to work instead of sandwiches and a fair bit more fruit. Eating a bit more healthily in the house, prawn stir frys with tiny amount of oil and salads as well as 'normal' meals cooked from scratch. No exercise as such.

Weighed this morning and have just sneeked under 14 stone. Get married next Wednesday which motivated me :)

Start of the year I was touching 18 clem.down to 15.7. Hardest part was the first few days getting the body used to a new way of thinking.enjoying getting back to the gym regularly and feel gutted if I can't get there for some reason or another.
Keep plugging away folks it's a marathon not a sprint!!
I'm pretty much the same as yourself at the start of the year. I'm upto between 17.5 and 17.8. I was down to 14.10 last August but then I stopped smoking. And regardless of what I do or eat it won't budge. Going to start a 2 week lower calorie diet then hopefully have the spare money for the gym. My diet although I dont eat a lot I eat at shocking times. Regularly have tea at 11pm. Never have time for breakfast. Pick during the day.
Well today is a new start. Up half an hour earlier,breakfast and walk dog half a mile further. Going to make sure i get a decent meal at no later than 6 and hopefully get 4/5pounds off before I can get back to gym and start working through it. I can't run on the roads as it really screws my ankle where as a treadmill doesn't or when it does I can switch to steep walks and still kill some killer flab!

I'm pretty much the same as yourself at the start of the year. I'm upto between 17.5 and 17.8. I was down to 14.10 last August but then I stopped smoking. And regardless of what I do or eat it won't budge. Going to start a 2 week lower calorie diet then hopefully have the spare money for the gym. My diet although I dont eat a lot I eat at shocking times. Regularly have tea at 11pm. Never have time for breakfast. Pick during the day.
Well today is a new start. Up half an hour earlier,breakfast and walk dog half a mile further. Going to make sure i get a decent meal at no later than 6 and hopefully get 4/5pounds off before I can get back to gym and start working through it. I can't run on the roads as it really screws my ankle where as a treadmill doesn't or when it does I can switch to steep walks and still kill some killer flab!
Keep plugging away fella,you've done it before so you know you can do it again

Got back from a week away last night including my wedding.

I'm back up to 14 and a half stone. The only solace I can take is I would have been 15 stone now if I hadn't dieted prior to going away.

Diet starts again Tuesday as I have a couple of days left of my honeymoon before I go back to work.

2.5 stone down now since around 4 months ago. Really starting to see the changes and my work outs are getting increasingly more challenging which I'm loving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back