Weetabix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have to disagree that sugar intake doesn't hinder fat loss, u can easy say oh 1g of sugar will make no difference but the idea is to keep it low, because if you have a high sugar intake u will have trouble losing weight, and getting beyond that diabetes etc etc. I understand the moderation argument, but that's not my point.

Do you not believe is good carbs and bad carbs, hi hi and low gi?

I think your approach is different because you have a heavy training routine. A casual person doing a bit of cardio here and there should eat as clean as possible to lose weight. Whole wheats/grains, lean meats, vegetables, low sugar, low salt, limited fats, no processed shite etc etc.

I agree completely, if you start categorizing foods as 'good' and 'bad' then you only make things more challenging when the most important issue is total calories in whichever best fits into your life.

its not all about total calories though, and thats a pretty dangerous way to look at it. Eat clean when u can, the majority of ya bait shud be clean, u can obviously hoy a few chocy bars in whatever, but dont just eat shite all the time and think its only it all about calories, and a calorie is a calorie etc.

/my opinion

I'd have to disagree that sugar intake doesn't hinder fat loss, u can easy say oh 1g of sugar will make no difference but the idea is to keep it low, because if you have a high sugar intake u will have trouble losing weight, and getting beyond that diabetes etc etc. I understand the moderation argument, but that's not my point.

I think your approach is different because you have a heavy training routine. A casual person doing a bit of cardio here and there should eat as clean as possible to lose weight. Whole wheats/grains, lean meats, vegetables, low sugar, low salt, limited fats, no processed shite etc etc.

its not all about total calories though, and thats a pretty dangerous way to look at it. Eat clean when u can, the majority of ya bait shud be clean, u can obviously hoy a few chocy bars in whatever, but dont just eat shite all the time and think its only it all about calories, and a calorie is a calorie etc.

/my opinion

But the effect of things like high gi and low gi is negligible compared to overall calorie intake.

The whole point of measuring things in terms of calories is that a calorie is a calorie. One of the reasons we got the sub-forum was to stop the weekly thread of 'a calorie of fat is worse than a calorie of protein'.

The big issue with getting all of your calories through sugar would be that the volume of food you'd end up eating would be tiny and you'd be left hungry. It's bad for your teeth too!

/my opinion

The glycemic index generally has very little practical value. Also the categorisation of 'clean' or 'dirty' foods depends on the stance you have in regards to nutrition anyway. Somebody who is an advocate of ketogenic diets is going to have a different definition of a 'dirty' food than somebody who is an advocate of some other type of diet.

Whole wheats/grains, lean meats, vegetables, low sugar, low salt, limited fats, no processed shite etc etc.

That's already a whole lot of rules to take heed of when walking around tesco though.. and it isn't likely to help if calories aren't considered. I can overeat on your definition of 'healthy' just as much as I can on pizza.

/my opinion

I think it is, it's about calories and a bit of common sense. The thing that is making you eat isn't just your hormones, what about your hands holding the knife and fork? Of course I'm not saying eat a bag of sugar everyday, but there's someone out there who has to prove my point.

Have you seen Tom Naughtons 'Fat Head' too? it's a counter argument to Super Size Me where he eats McDonalds everyday for a month, he loses weight and all his health markers improve including cholesterol.

its a mine feild tbh trying to get the rights and wrongs on nutrition.

i dont think there is any right or wrong, its all about which option u choose and if it works for you. but id prefer to follow the 'clean' food approach.

Again though, the whole 'clean foods' is subjective depending on what perspective you have on nutrition. I'm not saying neglect micronutrient dense foods at all, I'm very much the opposite, HOWEVER, I'm against people being wrongly encourage to completely eliminate things like sugar (and even more retardedly, fats) from their diets when in my experience it does more harm than good. What I mean by that is it really, really encourages eating disorders.

I like to hit my macronutrients throughout the course of a day and I ensure I get plenty of micronutrients from fruit, veg and a multivitamin. I encourage everybody else to do the same and allow yourself some discressionary calories.

I have weetabix with hot milk, goes through me like a porsche, nowt like being regular !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back