Wednesday fan in peace

Well done Sunderland! Can’t help watching match yesterday with lots of jealousy but hey ho roll on next season
At least we lost to the eventual winners and hopefully we will join you next year . Good luck
Thanks. You are a footballing side, like us but you might fair better than us against some of the teams who we struggled against. The reason being was that they were taller and more physical. Wednesday have some bigger, strong players so may compete better, physically,against these sorts of teams. Best of luck.

Well done Sunderland! Can’t help watching match yesterday with lots of jealousy but hey ho roll on next season
At least we lost to the eventual winners and hopefully we will join you next year . Good luck
Your lot reminded me so much of us under Jack Ross. Feels like it’ll be a similar 3-4 year rebuild for you. Most important part is the right manager from our experience, as we went around the houses before finding Neil and getting our act together. But those 3 playoff games we were absolutely immense and don’t think Sheffield or Wycombe even had 5 minutes pressure between them in any of those games - to which I give massive credit to the manager.

Your lot reminded me so much of us under Jack Ross. Feels like it’ll be a similar 3-4 year rebuild for you. Most important part is the right manager from our experience, as we went around the houses before finding Neil and getting our act together. But those 3 playoff games we were absolutely immense and don’t think Sheffield or Wycombe even had 5 minutes pressure between them in any of those games - to which I give massive credit to the manager.
Wednesday definitely had strings of pressure. That was the real final, not writing off Wycombe but whoever came through that was huge favourites

Had a read of your forum last night when I got back, nice to see a good percentage of your fans happy for us, one reason or another. It's only a year ago since we were 2-0 v Lincoln at home only to conceed and go out so we know and remember how it feels.
Really hope you piss the league next year, like ourselves it's daft a club with yor history and fan base should be down here but thats football.
You will need to learn how to spoil games imo, it's a long hard slog down here and if you can shithouse with the best of them when needed and still play proper football you just need a bit of luck to be near the top.
Will keep and eye out every weekend next season and be hoping you get the job done, each season down here gets a bit harder imo, good luck marra.

Seen a small group of them at the match yesterday

Looked like a school trip kind of thing, canny to see tbf
The kids were playing before the Sunderland game. Pompey v Sheffield Wednesday, to be fair Pompey looked like Brazil out there today and ran rings around SW. Their second goal was a beaut, long pass out of defence to the left wing and the lad ran up the line and put a cracking cross into the centre for the only attacker to bury a cross into the left corner. Cracking goal. Pompey won 2-0.
Logon or register to see this image

The kids were playing before the Sunderland game. Pompey v Sheffield Wednesday, to be fair Pompey looked like Brazil out there today and ran rings around SW. Their second goal was a beaut, long pass out of defence to the left wing and the lad ran up the line and put a cracking cross into the centre for the only attacker to bury a cross into the left corner. Cracking goal. Pompey won 2-0.
Logon or register to see this image

Whey the useless little shits

I got a little bit of that, a team overly reliant on one player and when the opposition stop him they stop the whole team. They've seen by looking at it what is needed though, two strong centre halves that won't be bullied and a goalscorer. Mind Clough pointed this out years ago but it seems very hard for some people to grasp

Sheffield Wednesday aren't a League One club and will be back.

I'm buzzing for us because it'll be another tough League One campaign next season. SW have a strong squad for the league though and if you can add a 20 goal man it may well by the difference.

Thanks. Always had a soft spot for Wednesday and hope you get back up next season. Its been the worst 4 years of my footballing supporting life in that pub league, even though we won far more matches.

Back