Wearing red & white for Coventry game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just see this on our site re flags
Travel info ahead of Coventry

Coventry City do allow flags in both the away end, provided prior permission from the club is sought by the supporter. Fans are required to contact the club’s safety officer via e-mail on: [email protected]. Please send the fire safety certificate for your flag attached to your e-mail, along with the dimensions of your flag, photo of your flag, details of any poles which are attached to the flag, location where you will be sat/where the flag would be displayed, and contact telephone number.

Only taken a flag to a match a couple of times. Is it common for them to have a "fire safety certificate" nowadays?

Fire safety certificate.
FFS it’s a flag not a smoke grenade you time cheating bastard.
Ohh and by the way the twat in the home end with that f’ing drum is that flame retardant.
We’re coming to take over your ground.............

Just see this on our site re flags
Travel info ahead of Coventry

Coventry City do allow flags in both the away end, provided prior permission from the club is sought by the supporter. Fans are required to contact the club’s safety officer via e-mail on: [email protected]. Please send the fire safety certificate for your flag attached to your e-mail, along with the dimensions of your flag, photo of your flag, details of any poles which are attached to the flag, location where you will be sat/where the flag would be displayed, and contact telephone number.

Only taken a flag to a match a couple of times. Is it common for them to have a "fire safety certificate" nowadays?

What a sack of shit :lol:

I'm more likely to spontaneously combust than a flag ffs.

As there's no smoking allowed in the ground, and no naked flames, how could they catch alight?

I know Maja's on fire but haway :rolleyes:

Fire safety certificate.
FFS it’s a flag not a smoke grenade you time cheating bastard.
Ohh and by the way the twat in the home end with that f’ing drum is that flame retardant.
We’re coming to take over your ground.............

Just received a confirmation e-mail from their safety officer Nikki (Vicki:lol:)Pollard telling me it'll be fine to bring my flag Saturday.

Ffs, not are they are a Mickey Mouse club, it's sounds like they've turned into a fascist state having to ask for permission:rolleyes:

When we score the winner at our end, in injury time, sending 5000 MLFs into raptures (scenes), a few flags on display will be the least of their worries for the stewards and said safety officer:cool:

Just received a confirmation e-mail from their safety officer Nikki (Vicki:lol:)Pollard telling me it'll be fine to bring my flag Saturday.

Ffs, not are they are a Mickey Mouse club, it's sounds like they've turned into a fascist state having to ask for permission:rolleyes:

When we score the winner at our end, in injury time, sending 5000 MLFs into raptures (scenes), a few flags on display will be the least of their worries for the stewards and said safety officer:cool:

They have panicked every time we have been there.
Not that I approve of smoke bombs but when a few went off last time complete panic set in amongst the stewards. At least you will help in making an impressive empty stadium look reasonable.
I will laugh if they have that great big Jimmy Hill flag at the other end smiling directly at you. Something tells me maybe they won’t this “time”.

They have panicked every time we have been there.
Not that I approve of smoke bombs but when a few went off last time complete panic set in amongst the stewards. At least you will help in making an impressive empty stadium look reasonable.
I will laugh if they have that great big Jimmy Hill flag at the other end smiling directly at you. Something tells me maybe they won’t this “time”.

That could be, erm, interesting ...

It's each to their own, I wouldn't be wearing one.

Not sure what the point of it mind - wouldn't he be better insisting that we raise the roof for 90 mins (before anyone starts, 1230 kick offs can have shite atmospheres)?
Not this one, I reckon there will be a good few on the lash at 6am

Do Coventry have a drum? :lol: Drums work amongst a partisan,well attended crowd.

In soulless, empty stadiums they are merely used as a constant drone in a desperate attempt to drown out away fans. You can’t get much small time than that.

Do Coventry have a drum? :lol: Drums work amongst a partisan,well attended crowd.

In soulless, empty stadiums they are merely used as a constant drone in a desperate attempt to drown out away fans. You can’t get much small time than that.
I’ve read somewhere that they do

Some people have short memories, some know no better.

Sunderland supporters have always worn their 'favours' since the club started and continued for decades until modern merchandising took a hold ... as a 5 year old I was given two hand made rosettes, one of Nick Sharkey and the other Charlie Hurley.

In the 1973 FA Cup Final you can see all kinds of red & white items that werene obviously knocked up on a kitchen table or knitted by someone's gran. Wearing the colours of your team is something entirely harmless and normal.

Why some sanctimonious types are so quick to sneer at football supporters daring to wear the colours of their team, at a match, is beyond me. Perhaps it's not chic or PC enough .... fuck knows, it's just petty and miserable in my opinion.

People have moaned, over the last few years, that the owners have become detached from the supporters ....

... now they're asking for such an innocent display of support there are people using it as another excuse the whinge. All the totally predictable comments, about flogging off old stock, Stone Island gear, middle aged men in replica tops, etc, were trotted out in seconds.

FFS there are some miserable fuckers on this board :rolleyes:

I still have the SAFC scarf knitted for me by my mother (on a knitting machine) that I wore to the '73 final and brought with me to Thailand.

Regular scarves were just too short for me, because of my height (only 6'2") but looked like ties, not scarves..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back