We are Sunderland website

Has JHunter left the Chron then?

Can't be many more thankless football journalism jobs than reporting on SAFC for the Saudi Chronicle

Bad enough when we lingered around L1 before the hysteria around their takeover

Looks like the Sunderland echo
Ads all over the place
Good luck 💸 🤮

I can't see any Ads to be fair
Asked who they were the other day

As got an email out the blue. Tbh I wasn't ower happy they sent me an unsolicited email asking for a quid or something for a trial subscription

Owned by Newsquest - aren't they the Northern Echo?
Northern Echo is one of their brands.

Last edited:
Has JHunter left the Chron then?

Can't be many more thankless football journalism jobs than reporting on SAFC for the Saudi Chronicle

Bad enough when we lingered around L1 before the hysteria around their takeover
Yeah they’ve made him redundant. So Reach have binned off the only proper Sunderland correspondent they had and Newsquest have taken on more and set up a dedicated SAFC website. Weird.

Yeah they’ve made him redundant. So Reach have binned off the only proper Sunderland correspondent they had and Newsquest have taken on more and set up a dedicated SAFC website. Weird.
Is a bit. An Athletic-style Sunderland subscription site is a bit of a limited audience. Assume he's doing stuff for N Echo and others?

Is a bit. An Athletic-style Sunderland subscription site is a bit of a limited audience. Assume he's doing stuff for N Echo and others?
Hunter? Dunno. I heard a while back he was gone after Ipswich game. So if cup tie had gone to a reply he wouldn’t have been with Reach anyway.
Hunter? Dunno. I heard a while back he was gone after Ipswich game. So if cup tie had gone to a reply he wouldn’t have been with Reach anyway.
*replay

Last edited:
Really good set of lads Matty etc and the podcasts are a cracking edition. Proper Sunderland fans too. Wouldn't have minded adding to it myself but a bit hard from up here.

Really good set of lads Matty etc and the podcasts are a cracking edition. Proper Sunderland fans too. Wouldn't have minded adding to it myself but a bit hard from up here.

Part of a large media group (Gannett/Newsquest) so presumably a bit of money behind it.

Is this a bit like Roker Report who are owned by Vox Media, but ultimately relying on the goodwill of local lads to provide content?

It always bugs me a bit that these sites that are ultimately run by American corporations can have loads of photos of players etc on their websites, but the League and the Club won't even grant us a licence to show purchased photos on RTG.

Back