WC v Grand Prix v Wimbledon

World Cup Final pisses on foreign blokes playing the Tennis and a load of cars going round a track.

Anyway, I’d like to take this opportunity to slam FTECB for their f***ing Stupid scheduling of the County season so this clash exists.........
I've never understood how the ECB continuously fucks ot up every year with the county schedule. Get me a notepad and some drink and I'll smash it out in an hour.

World Cup Final pisses on foreign blokes playing the Tennis and a load of cars going round a track.

Anyway, I’d like to take this opportunity to slam FTECB for their f***ing Stupid scheduling of the County season so this clash exists.........

Surely the ICC set the dates?

Play the final earlier and you start the tournament mid May. Later and the Ashes is last week in September.

Its crazy to be honest, although to be fair there is every chance the Durham game will be finished by Saturday night;).

I’m on about the county schedule, the round of Championship games starting on Saturday should be starting on Monday.

What's even more mad is the final starting on Sunday with a reserve day on Monday. Surely Saturday and Sunday would make more sense?

Imagine if Sunday is a washout? No point putting it free to air on Monday when everyone is back at work.

Last edited:
Tennis trumps cricket.
Cricket trumps F1.

The best tennis match was likely yesterday (Federer Nadal).

Hoping Roger wins tomorrow.

Cricket can be dipped into and out of, and will be.

F1 doesn't even come close. Not really a sport and shouldn't really be included with proper sporting events, such as tennis and cricket. :)

It's utterly moronic to schedule 3 massive sporting events on the same day. The ECB deserve all the shit for scheduling a round of championship games this weekend.

Surely the ICC set the dates?

Play the final earlier and you start the tournament mid May. Later and the Ashes is last week in September.
But what has the ICC got to do with the ECB scheduling a round of fixtures this weekend.

Last edited:

Back