Watmore's dad

Yeah I get that, I did the earlier days for that reason.

But I still think we’re best suited to big white ball games. Leave the tests and the Bangladesh ODIs to others.

I do tend to agree with you in regard to the Tests. Especially when in previous years we were blessed with Zimbabwe and Sri Lanka in the month of May :rolleyes:.

Although I do seem to recall the Ashes Test being worth around £20m to the local economy as a whole. So I’m not prepared to give up completely on the idea of hosting Tests, as I’m sure many involved with the club will also feel. Hosting Test cricket again has to be what the club will look to strive towards - I’m sure it would be a welcome boost to the area away from the cricket field too.

I do tend to agree with you in regard to the Tests. Especially when in previous years we were blessed with Zimbabwe and Sri Lanka in the month of May :rolleyes:.

Although I do seem to recall the Ashes Test being worth around £20m to the local economy as a whole. So I’m not prepared to give up completely on the idea of hosting Tests, as I’m sure many involved with the club will also feel. Hosting Test cricket again has to be what the club will look to strive towards - I’m sure it would be a welcome boost to the area away from the cricket field too.

Aye I know but it’s better for the game having 26k at Old Trafford or Edgbaston than 15k at CLS... unfortunately.

Trent Bridge is the lucky one given the size of it.

To be honest I don't think there's the demand for regular test matches at Durham-we can't compete with the large city venues. With an annual white ball game, and 2or 3 concerts, we should manage financially. Once Graves f***s off think Leeds will struggle to get regular international matches so he can say goodbye to his £20m. Tough sh!t -revenge is a dish best served cold.

I wouldn’t rescind it as I don’t think the crowds up here warrant it sadly. That may wind up some on here but day 4 of The 2013 Ashes didn’t sell out at £55 a go.

We do deserve the plum ODIs though.
Agreed but it's ridiculous that Southampton and Cardiff should remain test venues. Their crowds are far worse than ours ever were. Should only be the big six that are used for Tests; Oval, Lords, Headingley, OT, TB & Edgbaston.

Agreed but it's ridiculous that Southampton and Cardiff should remain test venues. Their crowds are far worse than ours ever were. Should only be the big six that are used for Tests; Oval, Lords, Headingley, OT, TB & Edgbaston.
Not so sure that Headingley and Trent Bridge should be guaranteed Tests. Given that in future there will be a maximum of 6 tests in a summer between 2 touring teams and Lords guaranteed 2 tests those 2 should only stage tests alternate years. What does need reforming is how revenue is shared between all counties. This should be one of Watmore's priorities, undoing the bias under Graves tenure.

To be honest I don't think there's the demand for regular test matches at Durham-we can't compete with the large city venues. With an annual white ball game, and 2or 3 concerts, we should manage financially. Once Graves f***s off think Leeds will struggle to get regular international matches so he can say goodbye to his £20m. Tough sh!t -revenge is a dish best served cold.
I remember when he bank rolled Dunnington CC in the York and District League.
The first four in the batting order between 2000 & 2004 were:

Simon Kellett, Harwood Williams, Alvin Kallicharran and Collis King

Back