Water pressure question

Had a new thermostatic shower fitted and the pressure is mental so ive turned it down at the valve under the sink...it feels like its nearly off but the pressure is still quite high but ok to use.. is this ok? can any long term damage be done having the valve turned down..

Had a new thermostatic shower fitted and the pressure is mental so ive turned it down at the valve under the sink...it feels like its nearly off but the pressure is still quite high but ok to use.. is this ok? can any long term damage be done having the valve turned down..

Stop tap will adjust flow, not pressure, you might have a bit of an issue if you have the dishwasher, washer, shower, toilet being flushed all together.

If the pressure is really a problem, you can get a pressure reducer fitted.

May be a daft question but does the on/off valve on the shower not adjust the flow rate? It does on every shower I've ever had i.e. just turn it on a bit.

Adjust the inlet-isolation valves for the shower to reduce the flow-rate instead of the valve for the whole house.

its the council and i cant see one for the new shower.. ive gone from an electric to thermostatic as they couldnt work put why my electric showers kept breaking..
It's got to be somewhere. Just have to keep looking. Trace it from the hot water cylinder or hot feed from the combi.

Last edited:
I'm lost now. Do these showers with only a single control have both hot and cold water feed?
yes theres 2 chrome pipes come down from the ceiling one hot one cold into a mixer / control unit.. turn fully anticlockwise for off or cold then turn clockwise to get to temp you want

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
its not the hot water thats the problem its the cold water pressure too much
Will depend if the pipes are coming from above or below? I’m assuming it’s over a bath? So probably behind the bath panel, but as you say if it’s the council no guarantees they’ve put local isolation in, but they should have done😂
yes theres 2 chrome pipes come down from the ceiling one hot one cold into a mixer / control unit.. turn fully anticlockwise for off or cold then turn clockwise to get to temp you want
Just read that, isos will be above in the loft then

Last edited:
Will depend if the pipes are coming from above or below? I’m assuming it’s over a bath? So probably behind the bath panel, but as you say if it’s the council no guarantees they’ve put local isolation in, but they should have done😂

Just read that, isos will be above in the loft then
not a bath its a wetroom.. but am i fck going up into the loft ha..

Last edited:

Back